Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE 2 nightmares

Hi

first of all i would like to stress that i am not computer savy in anyway whatsoever, the same goes for my knowledge of arma. i know how to play the game and install basic mods... but that's it. the majority of stuff i read on the official arma forum and on here is waaaaay over my head, i just sit there reading the words thinking "wtf are they talking about" lol.

Now my question is... does anyone know of a retard friendly way of installing this ACE mod ? like an exe file install or something. I know someone posted a user made EXE install file of it in another ACE thread but that version is out of date now and thus i can't join TG or any of the other servers running ACE.

I have tried the sixupdater thing and the yoma method but having no luck whatsoever, it's all way over my head and i can't work out what im doing wrong.

If anyone could help or knows of a simple .exe type install of ACE that would be great.

Cheers

Re: ACE 2 nightmares

DISCLAIMER: You pretty much have to use Yoma's method if you want to be certain you have the same version as TG. The below method can be updated (or downgraded) later with Yoma but if someone could talk you through Yoma that would probably be better.

I have to go out but briefly:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

- Download Six Updater
    - Download the 7zip ACE, ACEX, and CBA files
    - Move the 7zip files to the main Six updater folder (where you installed it - it will be called "Six-Updater")
    - Depending on whether you are running vanilla ArmA 2 or the beta patch download the appropriate file linked above. They are the "Official ArmA 2 Beta" and "Vanilla" links. Place the downloaded .yml file into the same folder as you put the 7zip files.

Now open Six Updater the application and type 2 then Enter. This should install the mod from the 7zip files, create mod folders, and update the mod to the latest version.

Comment

After you've installed Six Updater and put the ACE, ACEX and CBA zipped files in the Six Updater installation directory, go to Youtube and search for "Installing ACE2 for Arma 2", it will show you how to install it. If you want to keep it current with the version Tactical Gamer servers use like the previous person said, read the Yoma tutorial on this forum.

Comment

cheers for the responses, just been trying the yoma method but i keep getting extraction failed messages on any "repositry.yml" files.

no idea what that is about :(

Comment

IIRC it shouldnt matter if you get the repositry.fml files not properly extracting. i just ignored it and it works fine for me.

Comment

To second Jackspyder's comment, the .yml files don't seem to have any meaning to the mod. I had either four or six fail to work - basically, all of them - and the mod still works fine. You will need to edit your command line ([email protected], etc) and copy the userconfig stuff around as well. Advise if you need assistance - I can't promise that I will always be on TS but someone will.

-BoD
            BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

thanks for the replies, i just finished downloading it but when i launch arma i get the following error message

Include File userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found

im assuming this is where i need to move about the userconfig stuff as you mentioned. unfortunately im not able to get on TS at the moment, anyone else able to help ?

Comment

That folder is located under your @ace\userconfig.

It needs to be moved out of there and the contents put into your arma2 root userconfig folder in the ace folder.

Comment

cheers, got it sorted now :)

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
                    That folder is located under your @ace\userconfig.

It needs to be moved out of there and the contents put into your arma2 root userconfig folder in the ace folder.
                    Yes but where is this?????? i cant find the root config place and i've looked everywhere so could you plz tell em the directory or something thnx

Comment

Arma 2/@ACE/store/userconfig/ace

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

... necro Bumps deserve their own thread. --- Moving this to Tech Support.
                        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X