Dumb Server Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Server Question

Im trying to set up my own Arma2 LAN dedicated server to run ACE mod. The server runs fine without any mods. I downloaded the ACE mod using six-updater to the host system. But I can not figure out how to enable the mods to be loaded on start up of the server. Adding the [email protected];@cba;@acex doesnt work. Also, where do these folders need to be? In the same location as the mods would have to be on a client system?

Thanks.

Re: Dumb Server Question

send a PM to jeepo, he might be able to help you out with your problem

Comment

What does your server command line look like?

BI Wiki: Dedicated Server

I'm not at all sure how sensitive the dedicated server is to command line syntax... could that be the issue?

-BoD

P.S.: There are no dumb questions.
      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

"E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ArmA2Server.exe" -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg [email protected];@cba;@acex

Comment

Hmm. Looks pretty normal to me... how about putting the full path to the .cfg files in there?

e.g. "-config=E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\default\server.cfg"

-BoD
          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

config file loads fine, i guess my real question boils to this:

1. where do i put the mod folders, do i put them like i would on a client machine...

2. do i activate them using the command line...

Comment

I have A2 from Steam. Arma2Server.exe is in "C:\Program....\steamapps\common\arma2"

My mod folders are also in that folder, named "@cba" and "@ace" and "@acex"

The server.cfg is also in that folder.

With that setup, I can start the dedicated server with ACE exactly like this at command prompt:

>cd "\Program.............\arma2\"
              >ArmA2Server.exe -config=server.cfg -port=2302 [email protected];@ace;@acex;

The full path to cfg file doesn't help or hurt. Using quotes around the parameters don't make a difference either.

Also, Yoma's AddOnSync has a dedicated server launcher button. Super easy.

Comment

didnt work...... does it matter that its running on Server 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
                  didnt work...... does it matter that its running on Server 2008?
                  Uh, no idea. I don't think it should matter.

Any startup errors, or is it just loading up without the mods? Where are your mod folders? I have them in the same folder as ArmA2Server.exe and it works exactly like i typed above.

Can you get the server to start without mods?
                  Are you getting that "unverified" mod folders error when you connect? set verifySignatures = 0 in server.cfg for that.

Did you buy A2 with Steam or in a store? Just curious so I help with the folder structure properly.

...um cant think of any other questions, but more detail would help.

Comment

the server can start fine without any mods and run fine without any mods. no errors. I have @ACE, @CBA, and AACEX in the same folder as the arma2server.exe.

I keep being told that im running mods that the server doesnt have or like.

I bought arma 2 on steam, but my bro bought it retail. I install his version on my server, and installed the dedicated server.

Comment

did you put the user config folders into place?

and the addons are the same as a normal player, just drop the @ folder into the main directory

oh and make sure the addons folders look like this

@ace > addons > then the actual addons

Comment

which user configs? addons are in normal place and properly installed via six updater.

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
                          I keep being told that im running mods that the server doesnt have or like.
                          That's what I meant when I said: "Are you getting that "unverified" mod folders error when you connect? set verifySignatures = 0 in server.cfg for that."

Try that. It's probably currently:

verifySignatures = 1

...in your server.cfg, which means it is comparing all player mods with a list of allowed signatures (a whitelist of mod signatures) and you haven't created a whitelist... which means no mods are whitelisted, which means it kicks anyone with mods. If you copied the default server.cfg in the biki then that's your problem. Your server is starting with ACE enabled. It's just kicking anyone with any mods enabled (including ACE).

Anyway, hope that fixes it.

If you used the SIX updater, then the ACE userconfig\ACE\*.hpp files are in the correct place (they are just full of default values though, but whatever).

Comment

hey thanks guys i got it to work, sorry for not posting that earlier, was busy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X