ACE 2 sound cutting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE 2 sound cutting

Idk about any of you guys but since i downloaded ACE my sound is all messed up. I see some of you have been talking about sound coming from all directions but that's not my problem. It seems that I just can't hear any gunfire or vehicle sounds period. I've downloaded ACE multiple times and tried isolating the sound files and moving them around etc. I'm at wits end here i just can't play without sound. It was working on the las version but after today's update it stopped working again.

Re: ACE 2 sound cutting

the sound files were removed by the ace devs and put into a seperate folder
    you can download this separate folder from which you can download them into

Comment

Where can I download this folder? I'm having the same problem.

Comment

thx Browna i'll check and see if it works mate

Comment

Even with ACEX_SM it still missing some sounds like the motor sound of the AH1-Z "VIPER" and maybe others.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

using the new folder didn't work, i still have no sounds. guess ill be waiting for a new update =/

Comment

It could have something to do with the messed up file structure in the TG link for AddonSync. It has many differences in comparison to the 188 you get from SixUpdater (and differences that matter, as I was kicked off TG every time when using the files from six). This may be somewhat explained by different compression I have heard, but for example some sound files are still in the ACEX folder as well as where they are supposed to be (the ACEX_SM one). I guess this could be to allow people to move sounds into their ACEX folder? I don't know, and don't see the use of that.

Why is this the case? Is it not possible for TG to use the exact files from SixUpdater for the TG autoconfig? Currently, I have to have two separate folders for the same version of ACE!
              "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
              So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
              tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
              tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
              tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
              tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

i think thats the case, i updated using six (yoma just locks up everytime i try to update) and i cant connect to the TG server.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. No weapon sounds, probably no vehicle sounds. Do we have a fix for this yet?

Comment

Are you guys making sure to delete your extra files after you update with yoma? Sometimes that causes an issue with some of the weapons sounds. You should check out Chameys sound mod, it has all the sounds you need if you want to go that route. They all sound great and add more depth to the game imo. There are plenty out there its just finding one that you like :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Also if you guys are using client side addons.
                      Some require that you create a folder within the "userconfig" folder within ArmA directory and place the appropriate .hpp file there.
                      i.e. for CSM (Chammys sound mod2 )
                      Program files > Bohemia Interactive > ArmA 2 > userconfig > CSM2 > csm2_clientside_config.hpp

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Just in case you guys want to have a look-see

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1643

complete with vids of the sounds :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X