Saitek Users, Need Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saitek Users, Need Help!

I've recently come under the possession, thanks to a particularly rotund man in a red jumpsuit, an X52 Pro joystick. Configuring it has been a long and arduous task, but it is now nearing completion, save for one particular item.

Ideally, I would like to use analog throttle control for flying a jet, and increase/decrease thrust digital parameters for helicopters. The gimmick? I want to use the same control (my HOTAS thrust stick) for both.

What I've tried (unsuccessfully) so far is to rig Mode 1 throttle control to my stick, and split the throttle control into 3 different bands in Mode 2: the middle band for no thrust, high band for full thrust, and low band for negative thrust. Ideally, this means I can switch between analog and "white-and-black" throttle controls with the flick of a switch. However, despite clearly setting up throttle in Mode 2 as a band system, it still operates the Mode 1 throttle controls.

As convoluted as this may sound, I am completely out of ideas beyond simply binding two unused keys on my joystick to "+THRUST" and "-THRUST". I wouldn't like to do that, but I don't really see an alternative. Any suggestions?

Re: Saitek Users, Need Help!

Programming the stick is the number 2 reason I don't use my x52 that much. That and I have no space for it on my tiny desk.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Re: Saitek Users, Need Help!

I dont use negative thrust on mine. Just 0 to 100%. I mainly fly rotary, so I never found it an issue in needing negative thrust for anything.

I suppose you could map one of the rotate cuffs to analogue thrust/brake and use it like you would a trim.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X