Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get on TG Arma 2 server

Hey guys I need some help..

I've been reading all the "how to get started on TG servers with Arma 2" threads step by step and have all the content downloaded but ran into an error when I tryed to launch Arma through the Arma Addon Sync. The error I got reads "Include file userconfig\ace\clientside_config.hpp not found."

I tried searching the threads for some help but the only thread I found told me to get the 4 .hpp files from my ace folder and put them in a new folder under my arma 2 main folder but it doesn't seem to be working.

Another thing..when I was downloading all the files from the Addon Sync and the first file called .version.text failed to extract. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem.

Please help me!! thanks..

Re: Trying to get on TG Arma 2 server

Originally posted by jbone805 View Post

Another thing..when I was downloading all the files from the Addon Sync and the first file called .version.text failed to extract. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem.
    Nope, that isn't the problem.

I would first like to tell you that I'm no expert :P , but ill do my best to help.

I would first suggest that you make sure that everything is downloaded. Last time i checked there were at least 4 or 5 ace folders (i.e. ACE X, ACE PLA) Mabye you didn't click on one of them and they didnt download?

If you still having problems, then mabye launch Arma normally (without the addon sync) Add the ace addons into you launch properties line. If your sync is set up right, then I think the downloads go to your Arma program file, so all you have to do is modify your tag line for launch addons.
    Last edited by CFoxtrot; 01-04-2010, 02:13 AM. Reason: I fail at writing
    |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

I forgot to mention that I purchased ArmA 2 from Steam. I have a feeling that I'm mixing up all the folders and I'm putting this "userconfig" folder that I'm supposed to create in the wrong damn folder. Thanks for the help CFoxTrot. Don't worry if you think you're not an expert I barely have a clue what I'm doing.

Comment

I've got steam too. Don't worry I didnt know too much about this stuff to begin with, but now im ok. Hopefully a computer wizard will come to the rescue w/ classy screen shots, as I have a hard time trying to articulate it.
        |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
        Looms but the Horror of the shade,
        And yet the menace of the years
        Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

I figured it out. I wasn't putting adding the new userconfig folder to the right ArmA 2 folder. Thanks anyways.

Comment

@Steam Folks, you might want to know you can also place addons in
            Code:
            My Documents\ArmA 2
            (or Vista/Win7 equivalent) since patch 1.05.
            The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

I bought the CD, and followed the instructions as well, but when I tried to join Bravo for the First time, It wouldn't let me because I'm missing a bunch of files. But Sync shows nothing but one file ".version.txt" as "New" but will not DL that for some reason. What file path should all this be extracting to?

Also, I DL'd TS3, but for the love of god can not find the TS server port number, can someone tell me what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Jhtpo("Jay" will do) View Post
                I bought the CD, and followed the instructions as well, but when I tried to join Bravo for the First time, It wouldn't let me because I'm missing a bunch of files. But Sync shows nothing but one file ".version.txt" as "New" but will not DL that for some reason. What file path should all this be extracting to?

Also, I DL'd TS3, but for the love of god can not find the TS server port number, can someone tell me what it is?
                Yoma should be downloading the TG stuff to your ArmA II folder by default, into a bunch of folders with the prefix @. Don't worry about the version.txt error, I've gotten it twice now and it doesn't affect anything.

TacticalGamer is currently using TS2. You'll have to download TS2 from the TS site by following the "Looking for TeamSpeak 2?" link, or just clicking here. After you have TeamSpeak 2 installed just click the "TeamSpeak" item on the bar at the top of this page next to the "UserCP", "FAQ", etc. links to get the details you need to connect.

Comment

I'm having this problem, as well. Right now, I've moved all of my Ace folders to C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\ArmA 2, and I'm still getting "Include file userconfig\ace\clientside_config.hpp not found."

Comment

Originally posted by KuramaBingyi View Post
                    I'm having this problem, as well. Right now, I've moved all of my Ace folders to C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\ArmA 2, and I'm still getting "Include file userconfig\ace\clientside_config.hpp not found."
                    Move the files inside your "ArmA 2\@ace\userconfig\" folder to a new folder "ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE".

The above is for a regular installation, I'm not sure if, for a Steam copy, you'd have to put that userconfig folder in My Documents or the ArmA 2 folder in your Steam filesystem. Try it both ways and see what works.

Comment

Excellent. Helpful thread! Thank god for the search function!
                      Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Amendments have been made for clarification.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...ml#post1409800

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Same problem with the userconfig, trying to figure it out though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X