Yoma sync trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoma sync trouble

hey there, im new to the fourms but have been playing arma 2 for a little while now, a few days ago i decided to start using the ace 2 addon, after downloading the addon about 4 times (each was missing content apparently) i decided to use the yoma sync tool to help speed the process up, but im having a little bit of trouble with it, any help would be great.

1) i cant seam to download/extract "acex_main.pbo.acex_b165.bisign (keeps coming up with a copyright error, see link for pic
    http: //img199.imageshack.us/img199/4109/error1ii. png

2) i then comes up with a error box with no writing in it and a red X

3) it wont download from "@ACE.7z" onwards.

also i can play most of the ace 2 content but i cant get into almost any multiplayer servers, especially servers with UH-1s in them, it comes up with "bmp.p3d' then crashes.

any help would be great, and sorry if this has already been posted somewhere else,
    Cheers

Re: Yoma sync trouble

Originally posted by bonesy View Post
    hey there, im new to the fourms but have been playing arma 2 for a little while now, a few days ago i decided to start using the ace 2 addon, after downloading the addon about 4 times (each was missing content apparently) i decided to use the yoma sync tool to help speed the process up, but im having a little bit of trouble with it, any help would be great.

1) i cant seam to download/extract "acex_main.pbo.acex_b165.bisign (keeps coming up with a copyright error, see link for pic

2) i then comes up with a error box with no writing in it and a red X

3) it wont download from "@ACE.7z" onwards.

also i can play most of the ace 2 content but i cant get into almost any multiplayer servers, especially servers with UH-1s in them, it comes up with "bmp.p3d' then crashes.

any help would be great, and sorry if this has already been posted somewhere else,
    Cheers
    Read this post carefully:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...ml#post1409800

Download the latest Yoma AddOn Sync too.

To fix the bmp.p3d problem, click the "delete extra files" button after you complete a sync successfully. Also remember, TG servers are updated once a week only. Keep a "TG-only" copy of ACE if you want to play on other super-updated servers, it's the easiest way (there are instruction to download to custom folders).

Good luck, let us know if it works.

Comment

worked perfectly, many thanks mate, look forward ta gaming with ya

Comment

that damn bmp.p3d will get you every time

Comment

Good deal, bonesy.

Gungnir has killed that bmp.p3d problem too, so he wins 50% of the credit. :D

Comment

Yup, somehow I managed to rack up 420 extra files. I missed that line in the instructions about "deleting extra files" too. There is quite a bit of reading to do to get everything set up, but it's worth it. There are some great guys to go in to battle with hanging around here.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by bonesy View Post

i am having same problem as the above - you direct him to read the directions post but i am unclear as to how this helps me as i am currently doing just that qand encountering this error at step 2e. "can not open file as archive".

Do i hit OK and continue the download or what?

<-- old man feeble brain

Comment

Doesn't matter. The TG server doesn't use signature checks, so it's completely irrelevant if you have that .bisign file or not.

Comment

okey dokey - continuing download- thanks for the reply

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse