Random Freezes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Freezes

Recently my computer has started to freeze up while playing arma. It only does it for arma and its very random. It just stops, I can still hear sounds sometimes others everything stops. At first I thought it was lag but my ping is usually around the low 20's. Any ideas? And if it really is lag i will shut up and curse comcast, but it only does it for arma and not any other games i play online.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Random Freezes

Getting the same thing, sometimes just complete freeze an I have to do a hard boot to fix. Sometimes just control alt del, sometimes i still have sounds etc other times not. not sure what it is. i know i was running ATI OVerdrive an it was happening alot then i turned it off an it does'nt do it anymore.
    "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
    "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
    Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

I have never had to hard boot it or give it the three finger salute, but it is damned annoying. I have a ATI Radeon 4650 and its all set to stock settings and I have never had this problem before it just started maybe a week ago. Makes it very interesting when im in the pilot seat to say the least lol

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Does it just freeze, or does the screen go black? I have an nVidia card, not ATI, but a few months back when we were still in vanilla A2 my screen would go black relatively often, though I could still hear sound: my video driver had crashed. I don't know if there are similar issues with ATI cards, but the nVidia bug might still be around because I believe I got it at least once in the past few weeks. Even if the screen doesn't go black, it might be a similar problem. Not really sure what you could do if it was, apart from waiting for new drivers to fix it.

You could check your arma2.RPT file in C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\ (assuming Windows 7 or Vista) to see if it logged any errors at the time of the freeze - I'm not sure how good that is at tracing problems external to the game, but you could give it a try and see what you find.

Comment

Ok yeah i will give it a looksee. Yeah it just freezes and turns into an ArmA slide show every once in awhile.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Could be caused by graphic card overheating. I have Geforce 9600 GT.

It happened to me few times. My in-game colors change to like violet, big squares are coming out on the screen and the game freezes.

Comment

It shouldnt be over heating. I have enough big fans in my tower to cool my entire apartment

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                Recently my computer has started to freeze up while playing arma. It only does it for arma and its very random. It just stops, I can still hear sounds sometimes others everything stops. At first I thought it was lag but my ping is usually around the low 20's. Any ideas? And if it really is lag i will shut up and curse comcast, but it only does it for arma and not any other games i play online.
                Defragment hard drive.
                Clean out fans of dust (could be overheating)

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa whoa......

You play other games online?
                  Traitor.
                  Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                    Defragment hard drive.
                    Clean out fans of dust (could be overheating)
                    fans are cleaned daily, hard drive is defragged weekly

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                    Whoa whoa whoa whoa......
                    You play other games online?
                    Traitor.
                    Hellz yeah! Doesnt everyone play Mafia Wars :D

I play other games that are supported by TG. I have never played anything but.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

get rivatuner , has tools to monitor vid fan speed and temp and much more , must have tool . Confirmed your vid fan is spinning? even so it may be at a lower than normal rpm . check for mem leaks in process's also.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X