Setting up planes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up planes

Hello, I'm a bit new here, and I've been playing around with the editor for a bit.
    One thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the AI planes to fly, I give them a waypoint, and they just drive there. Any help or advice would be helpful, thanks.
    Hey everyone I'm trying to learn Greek, if anyone has any pointers please PM me!

Re: Setting up planes

When in the editor, you can place them down and set their "special" drop-down menu, I think it is, to "Flying" instead of the default, "In Formation".

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
      When in the editor, you can place them down and set their "special" drop-down menu, I think it is, to "Flying" instead of the default, "In Formation".
      Yeah thats right if you want them to spawn allready in the air. Ive never tried to get them to take off though.

Anyone?
      Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Math_Magician View Post
        Hello, I'm a bit new here, and I've been playing around with the editor for a bit.
        One thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the AI planes to fly, I give them a waypoint, and they just drive there. Any help or advice would be helpful, thanks.
        Set the waypoint far enough away from the runway and it should take off. I assume that the waypoint is pretty close to the runway, and thus might cause confusion for the AI if to fly or taxi to the spot?

Comment

I put AI in a plane on the taxiway, and at the start of the mission, the planes will start up, and taxi toward the runway, took off, and circled the runway. It was quite odd. No waypoints, all planes in formation (no single leader).
          sigpic
          PR - ArmA2
          "Enemy machine gunner in a field of pink flowers, over" - azzwort

Comment

Ok thanks everyone, I got it now. :)
            Sorry for the dumb question. Must have overlooked the "flying" special drop down menu in the editor.
            Hey everyone I'm trying to learn Greek, if anyone has any pointers please PM me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X