Another CAA1 "feature" which is problematic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CAA1 "feature" which is problematic

In addition to bugging the BMP-2 CAA1 also makes BTR-90s effectively invincible. I discovered this while working on my Storm 333 mission. They must be defined as "heavy armor" in CAA1, because DSHKMs and autocanons will not fire at them, or anything else besides heavy AT weapons. They can take a dozen RPG/SPG rounds (not an over-exaggeration) and you can literally roll them through mine fields and the damage bar will not move more than a millimeter or so. I died from the mines exploding a few times during my tests, but the vehicle was unharmed. The wheels appear to be many dozens of times more resilient than BRDMs or vanilla BTR-90s, requiring 2+ clips to take out each one.

This has added another obstacle for me to overcome in my mission making... as I wanted BTRs... unfortunately I don't see anyway around this "Feature" so I am going against history by throwing out the BTRs entirely and replacing them with laughably weaker (workaround) BMP-2s.

Re: Another CAA1 "feature" which is problematic

Hmmm...maybe the same guy who made the PLA vehicles worked on these with his vast knowledge of military hardware? XD
    Nihility

Comment

Given that CTDs caused by OAC are making playing certain missions impossible is it possible to have it and CAA1 in a separate folder again? That way we can deactivate it easily when playing on Bravo server and we won't have to fiddle around the ArmA2 folder every time we update with Yoma :)
      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

What im referring to may actually be an ACE "feature" - as when I posted this they were first putting in the new vehicle damage system. Unfortunately the BTR-90 is still (virtually) invincible.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
          What im referring to may actually be an ACE "feature" - as when I posted this they were first putting in the new vehicle damage system. Unfortunately the BTR-90 is still (virtually) invincible.
          Yeah, sorry about kinda hijacking this but I thought that it would have been better to post in an already existing thread that talked about CAA1 rather than start a new one. Speaking about the BTR-90, the amount of armor that thing has is insane: I personally witnessed a BTR-90 (HQ) surviving various AT-4 and SMAW rockets and at least one Javelin; luckily, being the HQ variant, the gunner was exposed and he died when he was headshotted (after the first rocket hits).
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...