ACE Mod and forum bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE Mod and forum bug

My first problem is that i update ACE every Mon/Wed/Fri and after each time i up date it when ever i try to play the game on
    my sqds server it says that i need to update ACE. if i need and have vertion 345 the server will say im using 344. i have tryed
    taking the userconfig flies frome the @ACE folder and copping them the the userconfig folder under arma 2 with no luck.
    any ideas?

second thing is that the forums seam realy buggy. when i try to read other peoples posts everything is typed out in a vertical
    line like this

m
    y
    n
    a
    m
    e
    i
    s
    r
    e
    v
    e
    n
    c
    h
    e
    r

and the box im typing in now is going under the Recent articales to the right of my screen so i cant always see what im typing.

Re: ACE Mod and forum bug

Huh. if I'm understanding you right maybe you should post your problem about ACE in your squad's forum. Different servers may have their own update schedules so your server may be 1 version behind all the time.

As for the other problem, what browser are you using? You have the website in fullscreen mode right?

Comment

no 1 seams to know whats wrong in my sqd. i make sure i have the same vertion as the server for my sqd but when i join a get an error that i have the wrong vertion. i figure my pc is sending the wrong identifier to the server but i dont know how to chang it.

as for the second bit. im using explorer

Comment

I really don't know what to say about it. When you start up ArmA using ACE look in the lower right and make sure the number there is the same version your squad's server is running.

Have you tried using firefox, opera, or chrome for your web browser?

Comment

ya ive checked the game vertion in the lower right and the ACE vertion in the lower left. thx though

Comment

the forums are still a work in progress and they will be sorted out soon. As far as ACE, why are you updating so many times during the week? and where are you updating from?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              the forums are still a work in progress and they will be sorted out soon. As far as ACE, why are you updating so many times during the week? and where are you updating from?
              I believe he is updating so much because he plays on a different server. At least, that's the assumption I made when he said "i try to play the game on
              my sqds server it says that i need to update ACE." If that's the case he needs to talk to his "sqd" (I assume squad?) about it as we wouldn't be able to help, but he has said that they don't even know what is wrong.

If you are updating through Yoma on TG and trying to play on your 'squids' server then that's the problem right there. You 'squids' server will most definitely be using a different version of ACE than TG, since TG only updates every monday and your 'squiddies' update every wednesday and friday as well, so you would be out of date for most of the week. Not only that, TG has extra thing such as part of CAA1 which might not be used on your 'squid's' server.

Out of curiosity, what is your squid? I mean squad? What server do they play on?

(Also, I think he may be using SIX updater if he isn't using yoma)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X