Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Loose" formations?

Hello gents.

Does anyone know of, or ever used a script (or any other method) that allows a unit to follow his commander in a loose formation? I would like to be able to send a big or small group of soldiers along a path of way points but without holding some kind of formation. Sort of like they are just tagging along behind the leader with no particular care as to their orientation to the leader. So long as they don't get left too far behind.

Imagine in your minds eye a group of Special Forces soldiers walking from the briefing room to a UH-1 spooling up on the flight line. I don't think it's necessary they follow a strict formation. The closest I can come to anything that looks remotely casual is compact column.

I don't even know if this is possible. I imagine that if it is, it requires some sort of script in the mission file. If so, can you please direct me to where I can find this script? Share the script with me, or explain alternative ways I can go about achieving this situation.

Thanks in advance!!! :)
    Last edited by The Diminisher; 02-05-2010, 02:59 AM. Reason: explanation
    Also Known As; ENDER

Re: "Loose" formations?

Hi, What are you trying to achieve? Is it more movie making purposes or something other? If thats the case.
    Closest I can think of within the game formation is "Delta" contradictory to what it says but "seems" loose viewed from certain angle.
    However, when soldiers are ordered to "board" a vehicle the AIs will always follow an invisible path to the doors in a Ranger file.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

No. I wish I knew how to make movies with ArmA2! haha.

What I'm looking for is a way to allow groups to walk in bunches. Like a mob would. Or like you and a few friends casually walking to the store. You and your friends don't walk in some kind of formation, right? You walk in a gaggle.

That's what I'm looking for. There is no default way to achieve this. Units also return to default formation after you start their special selection to "none." This drives me crazy some times.
      Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Well the only way i can think of is having individual waypoints for each AIs.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Yeah. I know. I've tried this. The problem is when the battle begins each individual soldier just lays down and they don't work in teams. Whereas if they are together in a group, the group commander can organize his troops.

Eh. Sounds like there is no way to accomplish this. Thanks for the responses LSHD :)
          Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X