What's next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next?

Now that I am setup and can connect to the alpha server, how does the site actually work? Are there scheduled game and event times? Any particular events for noobs that ar recommended?

How do you connect to the other 2 machines? Must I manually add them to Yoma?

Thanks!

Dave
    |TG-18th| Cutter

Long-time Gamer - ArmA 2 Noob - Certified Old Fart

Re: What's next?

Not really scheduled times but proper games start around 9pm EST or 2am GMT and 3am euro
    To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Originally posted by Toyguy View Post
      Are there scheduled game and event times? Any particular events for noobs that ar recommended?
      Check the forums every couple of days to see if there will be an event, usually on Sundays. They usually have the highest turnout (30-50 ish) and are really fun. After around 5pm EST, the servers get pretty busy on weekdays (10-30 ish), plenty for great missions. But basically, to answer your questions, the events are fun, but if you don't worry if you don't make them because theres alot more fun to be had.

For beginners, I think playing missions is the best way to become accustomed to TG. Use fireteam leaders/squad leaders/ CO as an example of how to act, and if you don't know something, ask someone, were willing to help. As long as you are familiar with the basic gameplay/controls, you'll pick up the tactical elements if you are willing to learn and listen to veteran players.

Originally posted by Toyguy View Post
      How do you connect to the other 2 machines? Must I manually add them to Yoma?
      Dave
      In the filter option in the MP menu, type tacticalgamer.com into the filter options and you'll see Bravo and Alpha server. Alpha needs a password and its always provided on TS3's Arma Admin Channel. Bravo is public and we'll occasionally play on it.

See you out there :)
      |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
      And yet the menace of the years
      Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

Just a note on finding the servers: sometimes for me (and a few others....its a known problem) typing tacticalgamer.com doesnt work. Nor does gamer. Just simply type tactical in the filter box if you have this problem and youll get a list of about 16 servers. Youll spot the tactical gamer ones then.
        And welcome!
        Nihility

Comment

Or you can simply type in "tacticalgamer" without the ".com" at the end: it will only show Alpha, Bravo and occasionally any temporary IHS server that is up (like Charlie, 353rd and so forth). ;)
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post
            Or you can simply type in "tacticalgamer" without the ".com" at the end: it will only show Alpha, Bravo and occasionally any temporary IHS server that is up (like Charlie, 353rd and so forth). ;)
            No its actually a bug that typing tacticalgamer also does not work for some people.
            Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X