TS crashes while running new radio plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS crashes while running new radio plugin

I was hoping people could document here if their TS crashes with the new radio plugin. I know some people have said they crashed but hopefully this thread can document the scope of the severity.

Mine crashes every 4-5 minutes, which makes gameplay pretty impossible from any leadership perspective. I have to minimize.. close the crash dialog box... wait for windows to center, open the program, click bookmarks, click TG... change to the channel etc.

I am using the 5.1 DLLs and I was wondering if this is connected to crashing? What dlls do we have packaged with @tg? The 2.1 or 5.1 ones?

I also think its related to traffic.. I think I crashed once during the radio school but I seem to crash often on public ops.

Hopefully the optimized version which is supposedly in development can fix these issues.

Re: TS crashes while running new radio plugin

I saw mentioned that using Voice activated helped with CTD's, tried not using a TS PTT to test?

Comment

well I am getting crashes that manifest themself in continous broadcast!! EG the PTT button gets stuck in transmit mode. I have to close TS and restart to fix this. Maybe I will try voice activation next!

sigpic

Comment

It could also be an issue with 5.1/6.1 (and all that) sounds; I think it was mentioned a couple of times on the BI forum thread.
        While my headphones can simulate up to 6.1 I have them set to work as normal headphones (normal stereo sound, nothing fancy) and I have yet to experience a single crash. Also I have not activated any other plugin than Arma2TS; I used TSNotifier for a while, but since the latest TS3 update the program and plugin kept giving me issues.
        So what I'm suggesting is to set TS on voice activation and deactivate any surround emulation. The surround sound might also explain why TS crashes when it is another player broadcasting. ;)
        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I havnt had a crash yet. Although last night i had to restart my system as my mic wouldnt play back in TS at all, even after multiple re-connects. Im blaming this on the plug in as its never happened before.
          Nihility

Comment

Some people are reporting that the TS3 Plugi-n DLLs are pegging out one core of their cpu to 100%, in this case affected users could try to change the priority of TS3 to a separate core to try to relieve this until a new version of the plug-in DLLs are released that may address this issue.
            This can be done by opening task manager and right clicking on TS3, and setting affinity under processes.
            There are other utilities to force core usage as well, but figure this might be worth a try to for Krause.
            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

So I restored the dlls from @tg by overwriting the ones I had in my plugins folder ...hopefully they are 5.1 dlls because the 2.1 ones leave something to be desired.

Comment

the full usage of cores is a known problem, solution. turn off the plugin. restart teamsepak then start th plugin. cup usage is back to nromal.

Comment

Haven't had any crashes since i restored the files from @TG... thankfully

Comment

There was a newer version released after the modpack which you can find here: http://www.blackwater.fr/arma2ts003.zip

Also, the bug about it using up one whole core was discussed here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...t=95918&page=1 and was reported to happen on startup, requiring you to go to the plugins menu and press "reload all" every time you start TS.
                    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

dunno if this helps but I was getting crashes and stuck mic key etc etc. Now I run it as admin and never had any issue since

sigpic

Comment

hate to *not* help, but i have only ever had 1 CTD with the new TS plugin, and that was when I was testing my copy tool :|

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                        Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

I never get straight crashes, but it does lock up completely about every 4 hours of playtime for me (not 4 in a row, just every 4 on average). Not a huge deal as I just kill it and restart it and everything works.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X