Ordered new rig, then didn't think about something with Arma2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered new rig, then didn't think about something with Arma2

is anyone here running arma2 on a box with any sort of dual ATI cards using crossfirex? I have been a strictly nvidia user for 10+ years, but finally decided to swap to Dual 1GB ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4870 in CrossfireX (yes, copy and pasted) because it was such a deal for the new laptop.

new rig is basically a completed supped up Alienware M17x (think click best one in all menus):
    Intel Core i7 920XM 2.0GHz (3.2GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache)
    8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
    17-inch WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 RGB LED (1200p)
    Dual 1GB ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4870 in CrossfireX
    320GB Raid 0 (2x 160GB 7,200RPM HDDs)
    Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit, English

so...i've read it runs in winxp compatibility mode, some say it doesn't, and others say just pass arma2 -winxp flag.

can anyone confirm?

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Re: Ordered new rig, then didn't think about something with Arma2

are you asking if arma needs to run in xp mode to work?

if so, no arma will work on 7 just fine

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Re: Ordered new rig, then didn't think about something with Arma2

not with win7 specifically... but getting crossfire to work with it, e.g. dual video cards.

i had to install a special patch to get arma2 to work with nvidia SLI too actually use both gpu's. I've heard there are simiiliar problems/tweaks i have to make to actually use both gpu's with crossfire?

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
      Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X