Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapon/Bipod rest broken after todays update (4/19/2010)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon/Bipod rest broken after todays update (4/19/2010)

I noticed the bipod/wep rest is broken (at least while using the m4/m16 in prone) after today's update. I noticed there was a new ace keys hpp file so I migrated to it to test out the "Self Interaction" menu and I realized the rest option in it wasnt working as well as the typical Shift+Space shortcut. I'm about to roll back to my previous acekeys file to see if that's the problem, but I wanted to make sure others were experiencing the same. It does still work with a machine gun that has a bipod on it though. Just doesn't seem to let me rest a m16 on the ground. Also one annoying thing is that you still can't turn it off. You have to move or change stance to undeploy it.

Edit: Also just noticed another thing. Machine guns don't have any muzzle rise if you shoot them in prone. Its identical to using them with a bipod. I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this before but I could be wrong. Also just confirmed its the same story with the DMR (has a bipod as well)
    I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
    Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Re: Weapon/Bipod rest broken after todays update (4/19/2010)

Can't deploy a rifle while prone. Only if it has a bipod. Been like that since they introduced the feature in Arma1.

Comment

also normal that you have to move or change stance to disable.

Comment

I could have sworn that you could deploy (rest) while prone a non-bipod wep. As for the un-deploying, I was just mentioning that because now that we have the menu to do it with, you'd think they'd let you switch off deployment. Ah well. As for the recoil, any of you notice there is no difference between bipod and prone? I was testing it out in the editor and there was no difference and VERY accurate fire (without bipod) at 100+ yrds with a m240 going FA

Comment

Most of the bipods that can be used are already "deployed" (not folded), so, when you are prone, you are supposed to already be using the bipod. Hence why it is the same accuracy (or very near to it) as when prone. Not sure why the option to deploy bipod is even there when prone ...

Comment

Ah ok thanks. I wish some of the bipods would deploy when crouched. I Have an old harris I sometimes use on my ar15 and its legs extend to ~24". Would definitely make the effort of "deploying" a bipod worth it if you could instead extend the legs to whatever height over the ground you are to a maximum value. I know the 249 and the AK bipods are all solid fixed legs, but just saying.

Comment

Pretty sure the M249 bipod legs are adjustable, but unless you have something in front of you, they aren't going to get to the ground if you are crouched heh.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X