No announcement yet.

Patch build 69782 for A2, a VoN fixer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch build 69782 for A2, a VoN fixer?

Some people have problems with VoN, somehow it works perfectly for me.

But anyway...
    A new patch just got released and it adds a VoN volume slider. Maybe this will help some people.

Link:
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7171

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Re: Patch build 69782 for A2, a VoN fixer?

I'm not sure if a VON volume slider is going to help with what seems to be a protocol issue... If I had to guess, I'd say you get less problems with VON because you're in South America. I'm not completely sure what the infrastructure is like between NA and SA, but most of the problems with VON seem to start when it has to cross the pond - I can barely understand most people from North America most of the time, but the Brits come through clearly.

Still, I hope future patches do bring VON improvements... I'm not sure there's much that they can do to fix it short of ripping the whole thing out and rewriting it, given how long they've been grappling with it. And that doesn't sound like something they're likely to do.

Comment

a VON volume slider THANK YOU JESUS!!!! lol

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

VON doesn't work for me. Can anyone tell me if this Patch build 69782 for A2 will mess with the way arma runs. I don't want to screw anything else up.

Also any other ideas on how to fix VON.
        Jimbo

"Help improve immersion, eliminate the green diamonds and map unit icons."

Comment

Originally posted by macjim View Post
          VON doesn't work for me. Can anyone tell me if this Patch build 69782 for A2 will mess with the way arma runs. I don't want to screw anything else up.

Also any other ideas on how to fix VON.
          My VON went screwy too a while back, I had to go into my firewall permissions and make sure ArmA was set to go through it. You might want to have a look at that.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
            My VON went screwy too a while back, I had to go into my firewall permissions and make sure ArmA was set to go through it. You might want to have a look at that.
            Nope this is set to allow ARMA ... any idea if the Patch build will mess with stuff
            Jimbo

"Help improve immersion, eliminate the green diamonds and map unit icons."

Comment

The patch does change other stuff. People have had issues with it.

Also, as far as I know, VON is a UDP protocol in order to save on transmit time. So, it is an "unreliable" protocol in that it won't try and make up for lost packets, it will simply resend them. So, that is generally why people who have a lot of distance between eachother can get poor results with VON.

That being said, there are a few ports that must be allowed for Arma in order for the VON to work properly.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...es_ArmA_use.3F

Basically, unless you have changed it yourself, you need to have ports 2302, 2303, and 2305 open and available for Arma.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X