I'm back! But need some help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back! But need some help.

I dunno if anyone knows wtf I am, but I used to play for a while, but then got busy.

I'm back, and ready to play some kick ass arma 2! But a LOT has changed since I left. I read the instructions for updating and all, but I'm unclear/concerned about some stuff.

TS: I lost all my info. I don't know my log in, server address, nada. I know we're using VON now mainly for in-game, but you guys still use TS to talk outside the game right?
    How can I get that info back, especially my log-in user-name and password?

YOMA STUFF:
    Here's my launch line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash [email protected];@ACEX;@CBA;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@TGmaps;x\o ac\oac_core;x\caa1\arma_objectscti;x\caa1\arma_obj ects;x\caa1\arma_plantsclassic

all the folders/files in my steamapps/common/arma2 folder:
    @ace
    @acex
    @ACE_PLA
    @ACEX_SM
    @CBA
    @TGmaps
    then the regular stuff/folders like AddOns, BattleEye, DirectX, Dta etc.
    then down below there's also a folder we made simply named "x"

Now, which YOMA server autoconfig link should I use?

Which of those folders can I delete/are not part of the current TG mods/format?

If anyone would rather walk me through on TS, then that would work also.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Re: I'm back! But need some help.

I dunno if anyone knows wtf I am, but I used to play for a while, but then got busy.

I'm back, and ready to play some kick ass arma 2! But a LOT has changed since I left. I read the instructions for updating and all, but I'm unclear/concerned about some stuff.

TS: I lost all my info. I don't know my log in, server address, nada. I know we're using VON now mainly for in-game, but you guys still use TS to talk outside the game right?
    How can I get that info back, especially my log-in user-name and password?
    from what i understand is that you dont really need that information, as long as you have te TS3 IP address. for reference, We no longer support the TS-Plug-in Skip that section in the quick start till we can edit it.

Here's my launch line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash [email protected];@ACEX;@CBA;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@TGmaps;x\o ac\oac_core;x\caa1\arma_objectscti;x\caa1\arma_obj ects;x\caa1\arma_plantsclassic
    again, we are not using CAA1, anything related to that you can either delete or not use if you visit other servers that run caa1. in the admin bulletin board, there are the instructions for using yoma, i know that i have not had that bad of a problem with yoma updating and even launching through it, it has everything in one nice place. if you feel that this is to much, please find one of us (admins) on TS and we can get you squared away lickity split.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I lost ALL TS info. I need server IP and all that stuff.

I also gotta figure out how target line will go.

Comment

Target line:
        "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" [email protected];@TGmaps -nosplash
        Essentially, you'll only need 2 mod files; @ACEM & @TGmaps.

Yoma URL:
        http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/updater/@acemtg.zip
        Delete your old URLs and save this one.

That is all you'll need.
        Also, we are no longer using TS2. We are now using TS3.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

yes, TS3 is what I meant. Can I get a PM with the info or something please??

I will try that link, Thanks!

But what is this ACEM? do I just DL it, and make a folder @ACEM as usual?

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/in...etting_started

TeamSpeak: Step 3

Yoma: Step 5
            there are 2 links to choose from for yoma, they contain exactly the same files, just in different folders

http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/updater/@acemtg.zip
            @ACEM - all ACE mod and CBA files
            @TGMaps - other addons, mostly maps

http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/updater/ace/@acetg.zip
            @CBA, @ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_SM, @ACEX_PLA - CBA and ACE in its normal folder structure
            @TGMaps - other addons, mostly maps
            you seem to have files in this format already, so using this link would save you some time downloading/moving files, also lets you remove ACE sound mod so you can use something better

if you aren't using a launcher, your mod line should be @ACEM;@TGMaps or @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@TGMaps depending on which link you use

Comment

http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/

@ACEM is all ACE files into one folder and it will create one for you automatically.

PM sent

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Thank you gents! Thanks for PM Speed.

Sandiford, thanks for those instructions. Everything I needed. TY.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X