X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions

Hi Guys

A couple of questions for you.

After a few days with the game and reading everything I can to improve game preformance I am stumped. The game is almost unplayable my frame rates that are just .......!!!!! Even when not having framerate issues the game looks blurry. (Is this normal?)
    I have tried turning my graphics down in game but it dosent seem to make much difference. I have turned off the post proccessing because I hate that glow crap.When I start the game back up my settings have changed back again. They also seem to be different each time.

My System specs are as follows.

AMD +2 2.8ghz dual core
    Nvidia GTS250
    4gig gskill ram
    Lots and lots of harddrive space.
    Fancy case with a blue light that should make eveything run better right?????

Thanks in advance Todd
    sigpic

Re: Some questions

What screen resolution are you running in game?

Edit:
    Make sure that your 3d resolution matches your interface resolution, if it is lesser the image on your screen will be less clear and less defined.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I run my native res. 1680-1050
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, and your interface resolution and 3d resolution match in the in game settings?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
          Ok, and your interface resolution and 3d resolution match in the in game settings?
          I'm pretty sure they do But I will need to check when I get home from work and see for sure.
          sigpic

Comment

as for what recon said, dead on..... you have to remember with this game unless your dropping around 4 grand into a rig, your not going to get very high FPS no madder what type of system that you have. there are several addons out there that should be in the mod section of our arma2 community. i have the same GFX card as you, do you have the one with a gig of ram??

i know that i use a RAM disk, which partitions off your ram if you have enough,i have 8 gigs so i dedicate about 5 to run the heavy .pbos that cheanerous calls for, seems to ease the strain on my rig a little. and make sure your view distance is not crazy either. from what i know the draw distance in game means that if you have it set at 2000 meters that means EVERYTHING is going to be drawn at that distance, and for this engine, its a lot of stuff to draw.

hopefully more people can chime in on your problem, we have some vbery smart people here that know how to squeeze every last drop out of performance!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I think I have it sorted! Thanks to whoever it was on Teamspeak last night that told me to check my player .cfg file. It was set to read only for some reason. Anyway tonight I will be able to test to see if settings stick.

Thanks Again Todd
              sigpic

Comment

Glad to see you got it all worked out! See you out there!

Comment

Glad to hear it. If you have any other problems or questions please feel free to post them here or hunt down an <ArmAAdmin> in TS :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X