Arma2:OA vista vs. win 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma2:OA vista vs. win 7

Is there any advantage to upgrading to windows 7 for OA? does windows 7 handle games better than vista, or will it be like another downgrade like when going from xp to vista. I want to avoid going to windows 7 as much as possible, but if there are performance gains then i just might.

Re: Arma2:OA vista vs. win 7

I would for security and recovery reasons alone, never mind gaming. Good time to go 64bit and get your large-memory-address and SSD's with TRIM action going on.

I was an XP apologetic, but 7 makes it a dog's dinner. Unless your rig is out of date of course, then there might be a performance loss.

Edit: Nice to have another west coast canuck on board!

Comment

If you have a decent rig get 7 it is brilliant! And like he said go 64bit.

Ive never had one problem with it since I got it runs like a charm. I was the same I completely avoided Vista stuck with XP for a long long time but 7 is great.

Comment

I'm still running Vista as I haven't noticed any real performance gains with Win 7. There are some slim improvements but they are quite minimal and the new features of Win 7 don't really make it a worthwhile purchase IMO. If I were you, I'd just hold out for Win 8 or w.e they're going to call it. If Microsoft is back on schedule with OS releases then the next one should be out in a year or two.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I just miss windows 2000. I say microsoft scraps their "make it look like mac" program and go back to basics.
          The commercials are stupid for 7 anyways, you can do all that windows 7 fancy crap with all the other windows
          versions back to 3.11. Ugh... but i crossed over anyways, i have a copy of 7 on the way now(i run my own
          computer repair company so it was cheap). I think im going to go linux in the future(hell has frozen over).....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X