Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using STHUD with OA

Hi gents,

I have been trying to get STHUD to work with Arrowhead but I keep getting an error on loading the application and it will not start with this mod selected. But I know some people are using it with Arrowhead, so can anyone let me know how they have got this mod to work with OA?

BTW - I had a little look around the forums but found nothing on this, or at least I didn't at this time in the morning.
    [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Re: Using STHUD with OA

As far as i understand it the STHUD has to be configured to work individually on each map by the ST development team.
    The A2 version wasnt compatible with all available islands (theres a list in the .txt) so unless they released an update it wont work with arrowhead.
    Nihility

Comment

It should work fine if you're using CBA_OA. It isn't scaled for the new islands, but it'll still show up. An update will be out shortly with new island support + TrackIR support.

Comment

I think you can configure SThud for your map. Check out this link ...
        http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9936
        Jimbo

"Help improve immersion, eliminate the green diamonds and map unit icons."

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
          It should work fine if you're using CBA_OA. It isn't scaled for the new islands, but it'll still show up. An update will be out shortly with new island support + TrackIR support.
          There ya go, from the horses mouth :D
          Nihility

Comment

Thanks for the responses...

I just tried downloading the CBA file 0.5.1 and adding the following to the shortcut target "[email protected];@sthud;" but am still getting the same errors on launching the game, something about shadows/shaders and the game terminates.

Any suggestions...?

EDIT:
            Here is the errors - "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow"

click OK then returns - "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

Then app terminates.

Comment

Are you using the right CBA?
              What do I need?
              ===============

* You should always install the @CBA mod folder by copying it to your ArmA II installation folder.

* If you have a "merged", Combined Operations installation with both the old ArmA II content and the new Arrowhead expansion, you're done - you only need the @CBA mod folder.

* If you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, you need both the @CBA and the @CBA_OA folders loaded.

IMPORTANT: If you don't have Arrowhead at all, you need the older 0.4.x release of CBA, which is compatible with ArmA II.

Comment

I have A2OA-CO (combined ops) so downloaded the CBA 0.5.1 (latest version) which mentioned the text you posted above. I then deleted the CBA folder I had within my A2 directory and replaced it with the downloaded version. I then edited the shortcut and added the @CBA & @sthud to the target line, applied and OK'd that.

Launched the game and got the errors mentioned above.

My total target line is: -nosplash -cpucount=4 [email protected];@sthud;

However, there is something wrong with my install as I cannot turn a vehicle engine off (fine within aircraft) when sat in a vehicle and the other day I couldn't get out of a vehicle or change seats when in it (although that has only happened once).

Comment

Ye Im having trouble gettin STHud to work with OA too. I have combined ops and I downloaded the CBA_OA but cant get STHud to work either.

And as for the cant turn off engine and being unable to mount/disount sometimes, as far as I know thats a OA issue not your install. Ive had it happen to me a few times and it was happening to a guy on a mission last night too.

Comment

I don't think it's CBA causing the error because if I launch OA with just CBA then no problems or errors, if I launch OA with sthud but no CBA then I get the errors above, the same when I launch with sthud & CBA - the same errors again.

The version of sthud I have is the old one as used on A2/ACE - so I am wondering if there is a newer version I need to install?

Cheers Kief for the info on vehicles, I thought it was just me having this issue.

Comment

I've just downloaded and installed the latest version of STHUD and am still getting the same errors, I've have pasted my target line below but sure it is good.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -cpucount=4 -nosplash [email protected]; @sthud;

I am using Combined Ops patched to 1.52 (no beta's) with the latest CBA & STHUD as mentioned above.

Comment

OK - I just tried launching vanilla OA then adding the CBA & STHUD mods via the 'Expansions' option, restart the app and all works fine, no errors and hud working ok when on TG-A server. So it seams I am only getting the error when I launch the game via a modified shortcut..... Any suggestions?

Comment

Remove the space in the following line.
                          "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -cpucount=4 -nosplash [email protected]; @sthud;

and make it read like this
                          "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -cpucount=4 -nosplash [email protected];@sthud
                          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Sorry - I should of said, I tried it with and without the space between the mod list, same error either way round..

Comment

If you are running OA w/o Combined Arms (ie a2 content), you will need to load @CBA_OA as well.
                              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X