Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join and says use modified data fiile cba:expansion when not installed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join and says use modified data fiile cba:expansion when not installed?

Hello all. Keep trying to get up and running to game with you all and have problems, yesterday teamspeak didn't want to work although that was probably related to not starting it in admin mode. Anyways, today my old ace_OA install is haunting me. I use to have cba, and ace_OA installed to mess around with but uninstalled arma 2 and arma OA when six updater didn't really uninstall ace and I wanted to play on the OA alpha server. So after reinstalling and connecting it says I still have ace etc, so I delete my profile, make a new one that fixes that problem. Now it says SilentGhost uses modified data file cba? Where is this coming from on a clean reinstall and a new profile? (yes i made sure all files were deleted in arma 2 directory )

Thanks for any help you can give, I'm on teamspeak now if it will let me talk :P

Re: Join and says use modified data fiile cba:expansion when not installed?

Your profile has nothing to do with your command line using to start the game.

When launching ArmA2OA.exe , could you post your full mod line?
    Are you launching with Six ?

... Don't launch with Six, just run ArmA2OA.exe and you should connect fine.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. BTW how do I start off to join a game and in teamspeak, Im a complete noob? Do I pop in and say hi at arma admin channel or just go to OA channel? I think sometimes i'm too nervous lol.

And no I'm not using six updater to launch it, I'm using a shortcut on the desktop only thing in my line is -nosplash which this thing does with or without. ["F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash]

And somehow the profile did/does, until I deleted my profile it would say "silentghost uses @ace etc." even though it was a clean reinstall. Granted I haven't tried to join the server yet with this cba;expansion thing, just don't want to get immediately kicked. BTW I can join "other sites less quality" :) servers that are vanilla and it just states that message at the bottom, but I don't get kicked or barred from playing. Its just I don't know if getting kicked for having a mod is bad, I was last night before reinstalling because I thought six updater had uninstalled it like I told it to. Thanks again!

Comment

As for TS - just going into the ArmA 2 OA channel is fine. No need to check in with anyone before playing.
        Joining the server with CBA running is not preferred, but should not result in a kick or such.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Okay cool. Like I've said cba is not even installed and the files are all vanilla, for whatever reason buried deep in the swamps of vista is something thats telling it to say that. I've looked and deleted anything arma related in my vista user local data, my c drive program data and even deleted and redid my profile in docs. I've cleaned the temp and checked/flushed the registry. Its not even consistent with no message on a few different servers but when I retried it said it. Thanks for all your help, after I eat something here I hope to be on and gaming.

Comment

I have a friend that was getting kicked when joining a server for having a island mod that was not signed, yet he was launching the game with no mods just pure vanilla OA but for some reason it was trying to launch with mods. He too was launching with the standard combined ops shortcut as installed by the game (unmodified). He then deleted all mod folders from the A2 directory and it worked.

There seams to be an issue with OA CA launching the game with mods from the previous A2/ACE install even if the command line is not showing these mods but this is only happening to a small amount of players.
            [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

Yeah i think its somewhat common as well. Last night while I was reveling in the tg awesomeness on OA alpha, I saw many others join with similar messages to mine, and one time mine didn't do it! So, its definately something tied to OA launching/remembering mods. I don't use combined arms shortcut, actually after I install the game on the next restart it is suddenly gone from the desktop??? So I have to make my own shortcut to OA.exe and it stays. But, the game still works and we'll see if tg goes to ace in oa, (after its stable) if it does then this wont matter:)

Oh and thanks to all who had to bear my noobishness last night it was lots of fun!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X