Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot access arma2 operation arrowhead\Addons, Dta, or userconfig folders

Hi everyone,
    When downloading the new version of ACE for OA through yoma sync, the download stops at the ace_clientside_config.hpp file. The error message that pops up reads:
    "Unable to create directory! Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma2 operation arrowhead\userconfig\ace'."
    All the file paths in Yoma should be correct since the rest of ACE downloaded to the correct folder. When I looked through the Operation Arrowhead folder I found that I am completely unable to access the Addons, Dta, or userconfig folders. Trying to open them brings up an error messege that reads:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2 operation arrowhead\Addons refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location."
    Any help would be appreciated. I have ArmA2: OA on steam and I'm running Windows 7 64-bit as admin.

Re: Cannot access arma2 operation arrowhead\Addons, Dta, or userconfig folders

Run Yoma as an Administrator.
    Add the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2" read/write permissions to .\everyone

If you are using Symbolic Links, you may want to disable them at this point.
    Ensure that you are running a combined install, (import data from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2, into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2 operation arrowhead\)
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Re: Cannot access arma2 operation arrowhead\Addons, Dta, or userconfig folders

Okay, I found out that Steam must have made 3 Symlinks for Addons, dta, and userconfig folders that were broken and lead to nowhere. After deleting them I was able to install ACE just fine. Thanks!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X