Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arma 2 & OA & Combined Ops & ACE & ACRE & YOMA- So confused!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 & OA & Combined Ops & ACE & ACRE & YOMA- So confused!!

Background:
    So I picked up the Steam Combined ops last week. This is my first exposure to these games. I started playing Arma 2, love it, but realize its gonna be better as co-op multiplayer, so after some time surfing the interwebs I end up here at TG. I've gone ahead and read the SOPs, and now have YOMA (+ mods installed of course), Teamspeak, and ACRE. At some stage during all this I copied all of my Arma 2 files into the OA folder (i dont no why, that was just the instructions, oh and the latest CBA file). ACRE made a shortcut to my desktop called "Arma 2 ACRE" but no others (i was expecting a OA and a CO version.

Questions:
    1. Running Arma 2 under combined ops, what does that actually do for the game, and how do i do it? Can mods be included here?
    2. I'm using the YOMA setup with everything pointing to Arma 2, should i change this to point at OA (will that automatically make it the combined ops required for online play???).
    3. I can't see it, but lets suppose I have a Combined Ops launch option. what exactly is that - access to all missions in one???
    4. After installing ACRE, when I launch arma 2 from YOMA it just says waiting for host, its still waiting...........
    before I installed ACRE, it would load up but at some point say password incorrect (or something to that effect). I know the server password is through teamspeak - but I havent got that far yet.

Conclusions:
    I'm so confused..............
    One day I may make it online into the action, one day................

Re: Arma 2 & OA & Combined Ops & ACE & ACRE & YOMA- So confused!!

1. Running with combined operations means you are using both ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead content. Otherwise, they both have independent content (e.g. you cannot play with OA guns on a ArmA2 map without Combined Ops)

2. Yes. With Combined ops, you can join both "Vanilla", or non-Combined Ops, operation arrowhead servers, as well as combined ops servers.

3. That is the "default" steam way to launch combined ops. A fair warning - steam launcher has some issues with lauching mods, and loading them. An Admin is best suited to help you out on TS3 for this.

4. You'll need to double check your ACRE & JayArmA2LIb install to make sure its all correct. See #3 :)

Welcome to TG!

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

I'm actually going to need help with this as well. I just got OA through steam but my A2 was previously the retail box version. It is synched through steam and will launch combined arms, but the campaign crashes if I try to play it. However, if I launch without combined arms the campaign runs fine. Definitely can't easily figure out how to update yoma for OA so I can play on TG again. o.O Seems far more complicated than necessary from where I'm standing.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
      -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Everything you need to do is here: http://robertsandiford.co.uk/ace_oa/

start with TS3, then if you have problems come and find me

Comment

OK this info looks really useful. I'll try it out tonight. Many thanks!

Comment

Yah guys - sorry its so complicated. Blame Steam and BIS :| They made CO non-trivial for any sort of steam installed combination :|

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
            Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Thanks to Sandiford and Jaynus I am almost set. definitely recommend sandifords list of things to do. Additional things I have done (which might be useful for others) are:
              1. Disabled my firewall (otherwise TS3 would not connect, and crash)
              2. Under OA in steam I went to properties/launch options and added: "[email protected]"; "[email protected]"; "[email protected]" so when i launch CO from steam it successfully loads with the ACE2 mod.
              3. Reinstalled ACRE. It has now made shortcuts to OA and CO (will launch with ACRE and ACE2 mod).

Hopefully i'll get on the server and try some multiplayer soon. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

I'm getting freezing about 5 mins into games (all modes), flush cache fixes it, but anyone have a clue what the underlying issue might be? I've never had it before so not sure what the common causes are to help troubleshoot myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
                  I'm getting freezing about 5 mins into games (all modes), flush cache fixes it, but anyone have a clue what the underlying issue might be? I've never had it before so not sure what the common causes are to help troubleshoot myself.
                  Which cache? hehe

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                  Task Force Proteus

Comment

Ingame cache flush command. Probably nothing to do with ACRE (although it is running on my TS even though the missions/server arn't using it), i just reformatted and noticed I was having the issue wheras I've never encountered it in all my previous installs.

Comment

Forglory thats the left shift and numpad minus then type flush right? If so I have the same problem, its related to video drivers and arma for some reason. I have it on all different graphical settings in all game modes, campaign, editor, mp (rarer but has happend).

For whatever reason this has only happened with OA and it doesn't matter with the mods as OA vanilla did it. Patch 1.52 didn't fix it, on the BIS forums I found a topic discussing this and as of currently there is no workaround it was determined by a full agreement that it was something on BIS's end, I should check back to see if they have found a fix as I looked at it about 2 weeks ago.

However, it doesn't happen to me regularly in multilayer, only in sp and campaign, I've had it twice in multilayer so I don't know why its so inconsistent. I just disabled vsync per the nvidia performance boost thread and I'll see if that works, its reported to give 8-10fps boost. U don't need it as arma doesn't use it.

Your problem could be this error (i get a black screen when this happens btw) or something else; make sure ur video drivers are up to date and ur power supply can handle the gpu load, other than that its a somewhat normal BIS bug lol.

EDIT: Just saw you encountered it after reinstalling whereas it worked before, then I really don't know other than graphical drivers update, patch OA 1.52, and try defragging your game folder. And that is odd that it worked before might try asking at BIS forums with this info it might help get closer to the problem.

Comment

HD5850 with 10.6 drivers.

Might just be a bad driver.

Running an SSD, so defragging is not an issue.

Comment

Hey Guys, I've used Yoma in the past, but this problem has me puzzled.

I cannot download a bunch of the files, because Yoma tells me "The Remote server returned an error (404) Not found."

Is this a problem with me or your servers?

Comment

It's an issue with the server, lots of people having that issue

Comment

I'm having the same issue. Any clue on how to solve it?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X