CRC Error installing OA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRC Error installing OA

Okay, I just got back into ArmA2 and I was surprised to see there was a new expansion! I didn't even know about OA until a few days ago. So I bought a DIGITAL COPY from Amazon.com, downloaded it and tried to install it. Until I came across an error during installation that I can't over come.

File copy error (CRC does not match).
    C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Common\structures.pbo

The last part of the thread changes every time too, some times it might be "\Common\Misc3.pbo" or "\Common\buildings.pbo" etc.

I've searched TG for any threads regarding this CRC Error deal but have found nothing. Although, a google search has found results, it's all suggestions for people with hard copies.

I have tried to re-download but I get the same issue.

So since no body seems to be complaining about the CRC error here on TG I thought this would be the first place to start and ask, how in the world do I fix this problem and install OA?!

I really hope someone can help me resolve this so I can hit up the battle field with you guys in short time!

Thanks.
    Also Known As; ENDER

Re: CRC Error installing OA

No body? Kinda bummed out here! lol
    Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Long shot...try unzipping the file with 7zip instead of WinZip after a confirmed full & completed download.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

CRC failure on a Digital Download to me would lead me to belive that you may have some sort of memory addressing issue, be it hardware or some sort of software loaded that is conflicting.
        Get with me on TS later I might have a few things we could try.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Thanks Impulse. Probably not tonight but hopefully soon.

Has no body else had this error before? I see it all over the place via Google. I'm surprised TG users haven't experienced it
          Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Crc is a cyclic redundancy check error, usually due to a bad disc or disc drive, you shouldn't be getting that with a downloaded copy, unless as suggested
            your memories having issues, or your hard drive, Re you getting the clicks of death by any chance? :P

either way, usually if you get it you expect it due to old / dieing hardware, very rare for a fresh retail disc to have this problem

Comment

I've researched this online and others whom have had the same thing happen claim they have top of the line gear. I'd say my computer is still pretty new. 8 month old ASUS gaming box. Future proof! I don't know why I'm getting this error. Some people said it might have something to do with the ram? Sounds like a long shot to me.
              Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Ram/Memory seems the most likley at this point.

Any CRC issue you are having either came about from a corrupted download (2x or greater, unlikley), with saving the files to your disk after passing thru memory, or from being read improperly (ram/disk/io).

Software/Saved file test, get the MD5 sum of what you have downloaded and compare it to an online repository of the same. If this sounds complicated well, it can be. Worst case I can setup a bittorrent of what you have downloaded, then try to save the files to the same location you have and it will challenge what you downloaded to what a pure download of the same files would look like. If there is a MD5 diffrence, well that tells us it could be when you saved it from memory and or IO Write failures/Disk Failures. Having the same files saved multiple times with the same issue, is unlikely to a disk IO, and to not be experiencing any other IO issues elsewhere in your system though.

Hardware tests ... Try pulling half of your ram out and seeing if you have the same problem installing what you already have.

And ... Really Stupid first thing to try now that you have read all the way to the bottom.
                If you are in Vista/7 Attempt to run the installer in a compatibility mode (such as XP SP3).
                This could hard cap how much ram is available and how it handles large memory addressing issues.
                The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Thank you Impulse, I deeply appreciate your informative response. I cracked under the pressure and went to Frys Electronics on my lunch break and bought the hard copy. Installed it and now I'm running OA, as of last night!

I wish I had thought of trying that compatibility mode or had someone told me sooner. Might have saved me 40 bucks! lol

I just got to update and get current with TG before I see you on the battle field. I need to figure out this ACRE system too. Haven't even downloaded it. Hopefully I don't run into any more problems.

Thanks again friend.
                  Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

I'm Having the exact same issue also with an amazon download I will see If I can fix it but seeing as amazon is the common link I bet that's the problem

Everything is a system, Break it down.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X