Issues with ArmA2 1.07 patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with ArmA2 1.07 patch

For some reason, when I installed OA, my 1.07 patch stopped working for ArmA. I re-downloaded and installed, and it says it was installed successfully, but it still only runs 1.05. I, for the life of me, can't figure out where (if anywhere) the patch files are being installed to, or if they're being installed at all. Any advice?

Re: Issues with ArmA2 1.07 patch

Do you have seperate installs, or combined?

How are you launching ArmA2?

Does the patch installer let you choose where to install it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandiford View Post
      Do you have seperate installs, or combined?
      I have the CD ArmA2 and Steam OA. I moved all my ArmA2 files into the steam folder, and other than not being able to use TG servers (cause of the 1.07 issue), everything else works just fine.

How are you launching ArmA2?
      Normally I use Yoma. But I've tried Yoma, a separate launch program shown to me by Jay, and I've tried just using the direct .exe files in any and all of the folders. They are all 1.05.

Does the patch installer let you choose where to install it?
      No. I was trying to find where it was being installed, but I can't. And the only things the readme.txt says is "It will install all content of the patch to the folder with your ArmA 2 installation (default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2)." But I can't seem to find any new folders or files.

Comment

what's the error message when trying to join without 1.07? (never seen it)

It could be related to your registry being incorrect due to you moving your ArmA2 files, or maybe something else. Probably easiest to do a reinstall.

-Set steam not to auto update
        -Delete your ArmA2 files or move them somewhere out of the way
        -Install ArmA2 directly into your OA folder
        if it forces you to install somewhere else such as "OA/bohemia interactive" just continue to patch, and let me know
        -Run ArmA2 once
        -Patch ArmA2, with steam and ArmA/OA closed, and running as admin

If it still won't work while installed to the same folder, you can just install it to a seperate folder, and use modline or a symlink to run CO

Comment

First it tells me that the 1.07 patch is available for download, then, when I try to enter the server, it says "Bad version, server rejected connection".

Comment

Fixed on TS. For future reference:

The problem was incorrect registry caused by moving ArmA2 files, the installer was trying to install to the old location (probably failing but not tell you so).

This can be avoided by installing ArmA2 to your new directory instead of manually moving the files. Alternatively see http://robertsandiford.co.uk/ace_oa/ 2-2 and 2-3 for how to run CO from seperate folders.

We fixed the issue by editing the registry directly.

Note: You have the potential to mess up your computer by editing your registry, I suggest you reinstall instead if you aren't confident with this.
            Go to start -> run, type in regedit and press enter.
            find your ArmA 2 folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bohemia Interactive Studio/ArmA 2 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Bohemia Interactive Studio/ArmA 2 or something similar. ArmA folders inside HKEY_LOCAL_USER are not what you are looking for.
            Inside your ArmA 2 folder you'll have an entry called main, right click and select modify, enter your ArmA2 path in value data.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to help out a community member Sandiford. That really shows why this community is one of a kind.

+1 my friend.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Thank you Sandiford.

This is the same issue for any future patch to ArmA2 or OA content if you ever move the default folders where they are installed in.

And can easily be fixed by the registry repair/redirect above.
                The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X