ArmA II Mod Launcher Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA II Mod Launcher Problem

i've installed the Launcher for ArmA 2 that allows you to group addons and launch them with your game easily, compared to having to type in the -mod= thing.

Unfortunately, I've run into another impass.
    At a point after starting the launcher, you're asked to browse folders for the Arma2.exe (or OA) folder, which I cannot seem to find. I don't haev a folder named arma2.exe, and thus when I get to the actual launcher, none of my downlaoded mods appear. I'm very confused, and am not sure what folder I'm suppsed to use or anything.
    Please help, lol. :)
    "We can't do that; that's crazy!"
    "My name is CrazyCon."
    "Good point."
    "CHAAAARGE!"

Re: ArmA II Mod Launcher Problem

It's looking for exactly the same files and folders as yoma was

Comment

I'm still confused. If it's looking for the Yoma Sync Addons, then that means I need to find the @aceoatg folder, right? The problem is, I don't know how to select that folder. It asks me if I own ArmA 2; I select yes Then it tells me to browse for the folder, and so open my Arma 2 folder. Afterwards, I open my @aceoatg folder, which does nothing. It just opens it to reveal that there are no files within that folder (which makes no sense, because when I open that folder outside of the launcher, it shows all of the addon files and stuff).

Not sure what the front door is up with this thing, so if oyu know what's going on, or what I'm doing wrong, please correct me lol.

Thanks. :)

----------------------
      What files and folders do you mean? If you mean the addons, then that's my problem. They won't show up in that Launcher.
      If that executable thing is for a different folder, than I'm completely wrong about all of this and am still insanely confused lol.
      Last edited by CazyCon; 08-17-2010, 11:37 PM. Reason: More testing of problem.
      "My name is CrazyCon."
      "Good point."
      "CHAAAARGE!"

Comment

From the top:

1. Install guide: http://robertsandiford.co.uk/ace_oa/ - I hope you're using it

2. @aceoatg is the mod repo that yoma connects to, you should not have an @aceoatg file on your computer. After downloading with yoma you'll have @ACE, @ACEX, @TGMaps etc.

3. The folders/files that yoma/launchers need are simply your install directories and the .exes inside them
        example paths:
        retail: C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interaction/ArmA 2 (Operation Arrowhead)/arma2(oa).exe
        steam: C:/Program Files/steam/steamapps/common/ArmA 2 (Operation Arrowhead)/arma2(oa).exe

Comment

you can do like sandiford said but your question can be answered more simple I think like this:

to find out where Arma2 is installed simply rightclick on the Arma2 shortcut that should be on your desktop and click properties. then click on go to target or open file location (depends on what windows version your using. and voila you have opened up the folder where the game resides. and when you launch arma launcher navigate to this location, for OA just rpeat this with its shortcut and find out where it is :) this method is the quickest and smartest way to find where programs are located. IMO :icon6:

Comment

Ahh, I see what I was doin wrong. But that creates ANOTHER problem, rofl (Man I suck at PC stuff).

I think I must have done something completely wrong then when I downloaded the addons with Yoma Addon Sync. I KNOW I did something wrong, actually, because I went back to that applicaiton to try and find out what happened to all my addons. I did the "Check for Addons" thing, and it just said [Folder does not exist!], and then it didn't show the list that's supposed to pop up for me to download things (well it does for a a milisecond, and it shows what it used to show, the list full of already downloaded addons, but it just disappears and becomes a blank grey box again).

What the heck is happening???? I'm still so confused!! lol
            "My name is CrazyCon."
            "Good point."
            "CHAAAARGE!"

Comment

If you are on TS tonight I can help you get set up

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Fixed. He had the Combined Arms yoma link and not the ArmA 2 DL link.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X