This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start up error

Once i launch arma2 OA through addon sync it loads up to about 80% then shows up a warning saying

"Addon 'Warfare2Vehicles' requires addon 'CAWheeled2_Kamaz'"

I have googled this error and its only brining up people who have the error in a server i have the ability to join the TG alpha server but only on a few missions and its doing my head in now.

I have attempted to uninstall both ARMA2 and OA with full reinstall and update of addon sync 2009 but the problem still exists and for some reason once i did the full reinstall i had combined arms with out having to transfer over all original ARMA2 files to my OA folder :s

Both arma2 games are from steam incase it helps.
    |TG-73rd|BloodDrops2094
    Le Mans 24 hour race attendee - 2010

Former |TG-Irr| and |TG-18th| member and proud of each of them.

Re: Start up error

Are you running both in "Combined Arms" configuration?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

How do you mean if your refering to copying all ARMA2 files into my OA folder then i have not done that.
      |TG-73rd|BloodDrops2094
      Le Mans 24 hour race attendee - 2010

Former |TG-Irr| and |TG-18th| member and proud of each of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodDrops2094 View Post
        How do you mean if your refering to copying all ARMA2 files into my OA folder then i have not done that.
        That would be your problem ;) The TG Alpha server is running Combined Arms. Some mission dont use CA assets but the ones that do will drop you quick if you dont have it set up.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Moving files manually its generally a bad idea, breaks steam's auto updating and your registry (which breaks future installers and patches).

The error message is an addon missing a dependency, both addons mentioned are from A2 (not OA). This is not an issue of not running combined, and the message is showing at start up, not server connect.

It seems to me like you don't have a fully installed or updated arma2.

I would suggest first making sure everything is in its correct folders - if you copied over arma2 content before it may still be there and should be deleted.
          Then verify the integrity of your games and run each one individually through steam - steam games aren't always fully installed and updated until you run them.
          Assuming you manage to run them both successfully, now try running combined ops

http://robertsandiford.co.uk/ace_oa/
          your options for steam are:
          2-2 modline) either do it manually with a shortcut/Custom options in yoma/steam or use a launcher (11-3)
          2-3 symlink) this is like copying your files over, but the actual files don't move keeping everything working as it should

Comment

Originally posted by BloodDrops2094 View Post
            i have the ability to join the TG alpha server but only on a few missions and its doing my head in now.
            I may have been off. But it appears to me that not running Combined Arms and trying to play on the Combined Arms server is the issue. He can connect for some games but not others. Sounds more like missing the CA stuff than normal ArmA stuff. If he was missing ArmA stuffz he wouldn't be able to jump in at all.

Or am I just way off on this one Sandi?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

talking to him now on TS, I missed that bit

Comment

<20:37:33> "Sandiford": error when starting the game, or on a server?
                <20:37:41> "|TG-SC| BloodDrops2094": starting the game
                <20:37:56> "Sandiford": ok, can you still play the game, or just it kick you out?
                <20:38:01> "Sandiford": does it*
                <20:38:10> "|TG-SC| BloodDrops2094": i can play the game but only if that addon isnt required

yeah, that's an error message you would get on launch

Comment

Originally posted by Sandiford View Post
                  <20:37:33> "Sandiford": error when starting the game, or on a server?
                  <20:37:41> "|TG-SC| BloodDrops2094": starting the game
                  <20:37:56> "Sandiford": ok, can you still play the game, or just it kick you out?
                  <20:38:01> "Sandiford": does it*
                  <20:38:10> "|TG-SC| BloodDrops2094": i can play the game but only if that addon isnt required

yeah, that's an error message you would get on launch

Word. I guess I just didn't understand the whole "words into sentences" part :p

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I just recognised the error format, having screwed up far too many times myself :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sandiford View Post
                      I just recognised the error format, having screwed up far too many times myself :)
                      Lol. Its all about trial and error....until you melt your PC....then its just sad.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Fixed with the above procedure

Comment

Thread closed, problem solved.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X