Err, uh, how the heck do I use ACE?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Err, uh, how the heck do I use ACE?!

Shameful first post, I know. Anyway I synced up and downloaded a whole pile of stuff, but when I fool around in single player I no longer have a mousewheel context menu... none of the controls on the 'ACE Controls' do anything (ie: shift-V for weapon sighting menu)... the maps and stuff like that are there and if I get in a plane I can bring up the menu and lower flaps and such, but as a grunt all I can do is shoot my gun and move around.

Am I correct in guessing that this all requires a special plugin or something that the server runs? Would I be able to get to play with any of this stuff in, say, a single player mission or even a campaign?

Also, hi :x
    Last edited by Frostiken; 10-15-2010, 10:49 PM.

Re: Err, uh, how the heck do I use ACE?!

Hi Frostiken! Have you modified ACE userconfig files (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.h). You should find a spot where what looks like this
    Code:
    class Identity {
    	name = "John Doe";
    };
    Switch that to represent your in-game (Don't know your name so I just put Frostiken)
    Code:
    class Identity {
    	name = "Frostiken";
    };
    Try if that fixes it.
    sigpic
    Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Yay!

:D :D :D

Comment

Also, with the recent update, you can modify pretty much every ACE setting from your Esc menu, while in-game.
        Quite a nifty new feature. :D
        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse