Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Status

Alcon,

The server is up in the new Windows Server 2012 environment!

Revive, AI missions and roaming AI are all functional. New accounts will start with 25k in the locker and 5k respect, and I have updated all existing accounts to reflect this as well.

Mission based AI rewards have been modified to the following: 500 tabs per kill, 500 tabs on body, 100 respect per kill. Our Tanoa map as modified is intact and is what the server is running.

Thanks to Unkl for the recommendation on a scheduling manager the server will auto-restart every 4 hours.

Thinks to Do:
    1. Add advanced towing.
    2. Add notifications for server restarts.
    3. Performance tuning.
    > I'm optimizing bandwidth settings as well as working on headless client support. If I have to restart the server I'll make an announcement. For this reason, if you notice any undue lag or latency let me know as I'm trying to get everything dialed in.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

On the subject of performance tuning. I made some changes tonight with the server settings and saw a doubling of FPS with my client. Can anyone else speak to an improvement?

Comment

I have seen an increase of 15 to 20 FPS, thanks Ogmogul

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
        I have seen an increase of 15 to 20 FPS, thanks Ogmogul
        Thanks SARGE

Comment

We must talk about this "performance tuning". :)
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          [unit][conduct][volun][command]
          TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
          Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
          "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
          "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
            We must talk about this "performance tuning". :)
            Sent you a PM with the details already sir

Comment

Thank you indeed. Nice improvement. Had multiple players commenting tonight about it. Cheers.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              [unit][conduct][volun][command]
              TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
              Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
              "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
              "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

Comment

Just now I actually was getting 60 plus FPS at times. As we discussed the other day this is what I was getting before you switched to Windows so it is a big improvement. But I still feel something is just not right comparing Pink Mist to that other server we played on while Pink Mist was getting an overhaul. I'm not tech savvy enough to know much about this but with my video settings the same on both servers, and with the other server running Zombies and Demons, and having grass which in itself should be a performance killer, I get 56/57 FPS consistently. With my ping to Pink Mist of 73 this morning and 137 to that other server I cant understand how the performance is almost identical.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAP44 View Post
                  Just now I actually was getting 60 plus FPS at times. As we discussed the other day this is what I was getting before you switched to Windows so it is a big improvement. But I still feel something is just not right comparing Pink Mist to that other server we played on while Pink Mist was getting an overhaul. I'm not tech savvy enough to know much about this but with my video settings the same on both servers, and with the other server running Zombies and Demons, and having grass which in itself should be a performance killer, I get 56/57 FPS consistently. With my ping to Pink Mist of 73 this morning and 137 to that other server I cant understand how the performance is almost identical.
                  I'm looking at this and have been. Didn't want you to think your input was being ignored.

Comment

New Features:

Extended Base Mod
                    - This has been added and so far testing is successful. You can find the recipies for the new items in the Brama Cookbook (XM8 App).

Advanced Towing
                    - We have towing back. Ropes work, the whole nine yards, etc. Tested and working.

In Progress Features:
                    Revive
                    - I'm still working on this. For some reason this is giving me fits again.

Comment

Originally posted by ogmogul View Post

I'm looking at this and have been. Didn't want you to think your input was being ignored.
                      I may have come across the answer on the other server owners forums by accident.

DATED 10/6/2016...4 days before I did the test.

"____has decided to move our physical boxes from a Tier 3 datacenter over to a Tier 1 datacenter coming up at the end of the month. This facility is top notch and will greatly improve the power and connection issues that have plagued all of us recently."

Could this be the reason that with even higher ping on their server I still get high FPS?

Anyway Pink Mist performance is just fine.

Comment

Possibly. Ping is representative of the round-trip delay when communicating with the server, it's not transparent indicator of server performance. They could be using some awesome hardware that would compensate for performance, but there will be a different network path that you use to communicate with their server as opposed to mine, explaining the difference in ping.

Comment

Originally posted by ogmogul View Post
                          New Features:

Extended Base Mod
                          - This has been added and so far testing is successful. You can find the recipies for the new items in the Brama Cookbook (XM8 App).

Advanced Towing
                          - We have towing back. Ropes work, the whole nine yards, etc. Tested and working.

In Progress Features:
                          Revive
                          - I'm still working on this. For some reason this is giving me fits again.
                          Base Mod looks great and can't wait to try it, I did try towing yesterday and was kicked each time, sorry I didn't grab exception #, I think it was 0.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post

Base Mod looks great and can't wait to try it, I did try towing yesterday and was kicked each time, sorry I didn't grab exception #, I think it was 0.
                            Yes it was Zero.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X