Malden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malden

Should Exile move to Malden? Remember this is a free map so the issues we saw with Tanoa player count should be minimal if any.

Vote below: Comment your reasoning.
    Yes
    38.46%
    No "I fear change"
    23.08%
    I would rather see PVE
    15.38%
    I am not going to vote-then complain of the result
    23.08%
    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
    -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Sounds fun and allows for different activities

Do I smell a water base?

I want to rebuild my sub base I was working on in Tanoa.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I say we look at the map first. Let's the see the size, terrain, etc.

Comment

6b21ef9c17d96b863db2bd496c0e3b799fb5623ea127273544dc5e4511c01337.jpg

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
        Sounds fun and allows for different activities.

Comment

I voted 'No" and now my comment regarding the poll. Having studied marketing, in college, I learned that polls are written in a manner that is designed to reinforce what the pollster wants or believes. This poll is no different. You have 4 responses that participants may select from, a clear and straight-forward "Yes". Nothing wrong there by giving the simple and concise option. But 2 thru 4 is where the rub comes in.
          2. No, I fear change. - This leads the person that would normally vote "NO" to second guess that choice as it makes them look like a scaredy cat.
          3. I would rather see PVE. - Where did this one come from? It doesn't even belong in a poll regarding changing to a different map. It's very understandable why nobody has voted for this one. (And like 2, makes you look like a yellow-bellied chicken little). Oh wait, it says "see PVE". I have to rethink this one. What is there to see? Some poor guy chopping firewood and butchering sheep? And if I am watching PVE will it become PVP when I get bored with watching?
          4. I am not going to vote - then complain about the results. - This is the American way and there is nothing wrong with complaining about results of an election, I mean Poll, that we chose not to take part in. I congratulate the 2 that voted this way, ZAP44 and Noyava but by voting didn't you not not vote thereby negating your no vote with an actual vote, which would make it a yes vote? Yes, I have done the math on this one and I am confident that you guys voted "yes".

Might I suggest a more honest re-write of the poll?

1. Yes
          2. No, I don't want to stay on Altis
          3. Do you want fries with that?
          4. No, I do not want fries with that.

Comment

BadStache - In my defense, I don't even play Exile. I'm just a Certified Poll Troll so I was obligated to pick the worst possible option.

Also Altis.

Comment

Not surprising I totally disagree with your assessment of my vote papa. It was an "I don't give a crap" vote not a "yes" vote. I like what we have now better than what Mogul had for several reasons. One no zombies, and the big second reason I don't like Tanoa in this setting because your dead before you can find where the threat is coming from. At least with Altis you have a sporting chance of survival. So I'm happy with what we have, my base building is going great, we have fun with road blocks, missions are available, and you never know when your going to have unwelcome visitors. I don't know what we are getting with Malden but would like to try it so I'm not against the change.

What id like to see:

1. Cody cancel this poll.
              2. When Malden is released Cody find a public server that we can all join and try Malden.
              3. Discussion thread in these forums on Malden after we have a chance to try it.
              4. Now a poll on switching or not...then I'll give you a "I give a crap vote".

Comment

Malden is available on Dev branch FYI and ther is official exile dev servers up and running
                -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Originally posted by BadStache View Post
                  I voted 'No" and now my comment regarding the poll. Having studied marketing, in college, I learned that polls are written in a manner that is designed to reinforce what the pollster wants or believes. This poll is no different. You have 4 responses that participants may select from, a clear and straight-forward "Yes". Nothing wrong there by giving the simple and concise option. But 2 thru 4 is where the rub comes in.
                  2. No, I fear change. - This leads the person that would normally vote "NO" to second guess that choice as it makes them look like a scaredy cat.
                  3. I would rather see PVE. - Where did this one come from? It doesn't even belong in a poll regarding changing to a different map. It's very understandable why nobody has voted for this one. (And like 2, makes you look like a yellow-bellied chicken little). Oh wait, it says "see PVE". I have to rethink this one. What is there to see? Some poor guy chopping firewood and butchering sheep? And if I am watching PVE will it become PVP when I get bored with watching?
                  4. I am not going to vote - then complain about the results. - This is the American way and there is nothing wrong with complaining about results of an election, I mean Poll, that we chose not to take part in. I congratulate the 2 that voted this way, ZAP44 and Noyava but by voting didn't you not not vote thereby negating your no vote with an actual vote, which would make it a yes vote? Yes, I have done the math on this one and I am confident that you guys voted "yes".

Might I suggest a more honest re-write of the poll?

1. Yes
                  2. No, I don't want to stay on Altis
                  3. Do you want fries with that?
                  4. No, I do not want fries with that.
                  So you voted no because you don't like how the poll was written? Or did you look past the attempt at humor and vote no because "insert reasoning here"
                  Sarcasm responded too with sarcasm creates well IDK I am confused now! - note the additional attempt at humor
                  -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

I think Zap has a point, we may want to go exploring on other servers to see what Maiden is like before making a choice to change.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

No, I voted no because the answer I wanted to choose wasn't an option and then I couldn't resist trying to be funny. (Plus, you never go straight for the punch line. You gotta set it up.). I have three opinions, actually.

1. I don't know the map. And yes, I could have downloaded Argos Project but it was a big file so I decided to wait until BIS pushed the final map. So, I want to wait until I see the map and can get to know it a bit.
                      2. I like Altis and I like my base. We've been through the server wipes and map changes before and I just got tired of that.
                      3. This is your project and I will adapt to whatever changes you make. If you change maps I will probably change my play style based on the above. Hint: This means more run and gun PVP from me.

Comment

Rigged.

Comment

Here is my thought behind this poll to get conversations rolling....

1. Server has been a bit laggy at times and un-stable and while I can't say this would fix it it would allow me to scale back the AI to be a bit easier on the server workload. By having more player contact because of the smaller map.

2. This is a project I took on for the community and while I get a lot of enjoyment out of it I would be wasting my time by doing something the community did not want.

3. I can save database and we can always revisit altos with likely minor set back (barring required wipe by exile)

4. I tossed the PVE in there just as a probe into how you guys felt about PVP. I don't think the question has ever been asked and thought this was a way to softly take the temperature.
                          -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Pve > pvp

Comment

I voted no because I knew I had time to get myself setup with a decent base before I go back to Squad being my main game. I wanted to have a base to go to so I could jump into game and have fun with out the farming and building up that is required for me to enjoy the game.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X