Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and here is a preview of the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th_r4vXmK0Q

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Now that I have looked at it I think it is going to be too small as it is a 12 km by 12 Km Island map.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

I'd like to change my vote to "NO" in support of Masterjack as repayment for the TK the other day.

Comment

?

Comment

I've been checking out the Malden map and am still getting to know the lay of the land. In size, it seems a bit smaller than Tanoa but because it isn't covered with jungle it feels a bit bigger. This openness will make base building a bit of a challenge for those of us that like the sound of the tall trees of Altis creaking in the wind. My frame rates are ranging in the 60 to 75 fps range so performance isn't an issue.

In the end, I think it will come down to buggyness. I firmly believe some of the issues we've been seeing with the current map are related to Exile and not Arma. Will this improve or will the bugs migrate to a new island? Time will tell.

Cody , I get what you are trying to do and I'm behind you. Let's find some other servers that are running Malden and see how they are behaving and go from there.

Comment

Well, there is the issue of the public players coming in one day and finding everything gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                Well, there is the issue of the public players coming in one day and finding everything gone.
                In the server title it says "PVP" so it shouldn't be a surprise. But I have been playing live and let live so it wasn't me.

Comment

If and/or when it happens it will be announced well ahead of time with server messages and the like. Right now I am pre-occupied with getting things stable, after that I will dabble with this thought again.
                  May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
                  -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

As for my vote (it was the first option), I liked the idea of trying out the new map. It is my understanding that content is what keeps the players interests peaked, so why not?

There is also the option of going the other route as well with maps, besides the official maps from Bohemia. I think we can all agree that any addition or the opposite will have it's pros and cons regardless.

Thanks again for giving us the venue to enjoy this mod within TG. I have mentioned it to you before, but it's in writing so it's official. Ha!

Which ever direction you decide to go, personally I don't mind much. If you need any help please feel free, not sure how much of expertise I can offer to you. However, any help is better than none I suppose.

Looking forward to the live server (which ever it is).

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Well, after playing some Malden tonight, I have to say that I am not impressed. I can't tell if it is because of the cluster BS that happened, the size of the map, or the limitation of 3 spawn points.

Also, that crap with the guys spawning inside their shack in the mountain was stupid. I really wish I had APR mines and other explosives to hide in that base. I am at least happy that I blew up their APC/ IFV before the end.

If we ever have a spawn in the base system, make it so that it doesn't work if there are other non-friendly or non-family players in the area. It was really dumb how he kept spawning with that Mk.48.

Comment

We will never have a spawn in base system, you have my word. I like the feel of Malden but I agree for our player count It may be to small to have PvP and roaming AI.
                        -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

New but related subject...it was fun having a TG group together and squad bombing somebody else's Malden server though. Something perhaps we should do more often.

Comment

I saw something cool, last night. We buddied up and backed each other. We still got wrecked but we were tactical. Maybe too tactical for a server that lets players respawn in their base within seconds of their demise. Truth is, if they had had to respawn and run back like we did we would have won the day. Fun all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAP44 View Post
                              New but related subject...it was fun having a TG group together and squad bombing somebody else's Malden server though. Something perhaps we should do more often.
                              Heck ya. The best part of the night was destroying that armored vehicle and then seeing somebody screaming wall hacks and youtube after the thing blew up.

Comment

I really enjoyed the play last night as well. One thing we need to work on however is keeping our calm so info we provide can assist our squadmates. For instance I was calling out an enemy player and at one point stated "coming in the bunker" Stache took this as I was coming in and hesitated and was taken out by said enemy. It is very difficult to keep a calm head and be specific and direct in these situations and that is a skill myself and hopefully others will work on as I think that was one of the big reasons we were struggling. All in all it was a blast, I will roll with you fellas any time!
                                -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X