DayZ Mod Help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DayZ Mod Help?

So I was able to play earlier today, and when the update dropped, we all exited the game to update, and after updating, I was receiving some errors about launching, and it seems that some of my arma files became corrupted, and I wasn't able to launch Operation arrowhead at all. So i uninstalled and reinstalled and can now launch the game, but when attempting to join a DayZ server, I now recieve this message and get kicked immediately.

Files "C:\programfiler (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma2 operation arrowhead\addons\a10.pbo,"...are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accept keys.

The first file was followed by all of the files currently in my addons folder. I have disc version of Arma2 and Steam versions of OA and BAF if this has any impact.

I'd really appreciate some help on this, and I'm terrible with computers so you'll have to give me a bit of a walk through if at all possible.

I NEED TO KILL ZOMBIES!!!

Thanks
    |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Re: DayZ Mod Help?

Copy the addons folder from your ArmA 2 directory into your "common" folder in OA.

I'd back up your common folder first, as you will need to over right the files.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

This method is not endorsed by your admin team. Any update to the dayz mid should not have affected your arma2 or arma2oa files so i believe the problem may lie on the server side having lost their key in the update process.

Thats just a first guess. Wait out the next release from the dayz team or post the prob on their forum.

Copying your addons over will only cause you to have duplicates and give you grief on future patches.

The phn keyboard is not my friend
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Most all of the Dayz servers I have tried to play on using sixupdater launches with all sorts of mods enabled, such as CBA and ACE. As a result, the only way that I have been able to play Dayz is to manually create a predefined config in six, launch it by itself, and then manually join by copy/pasting the IP address into the multiplayer screen.

In six, most of my Dayz servers show a huge list of mods, but apparently they aren't actually running.
        "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
        -Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by zilfondel View Post
          Most all of the Dayz servers I have tried to play on using sixupdater launches with all sorts of mods enabled, such as CBA and ACE. As a result, the only way that I have been able to play Dayz is to manually create a predefined config in six, launch it by itself, and then manually join by copy/pasting the IP address into the multiplayer screen.

In six, most of my Dayz servers show a huge list of mods, but apparently they aren't actually running.
          Hi zif dont use server presets for six make your own preset and add the dayz mod

or

use six to update and use arma2 launcher by spirited machine to launch the game as I do.

also :)

If ya dont see me around its cause Im addicted to DayZ atm :)
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Maybe I could get some help. I followed Sarge's guide here.

I can join servers and assign myself to a role, then I just sit at a black "loading" screen forever. I tried multiple different servers and all produced the same thing. Any tips? Why do ArmA mods have to be such a PITA all the time?

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

That is normal having to wait. Sometimes it can take up to 30 minutes or more. Why? it's an Alpha I suppose. We all have the same thing happening at times. Wait until you are on your way to or from Camp or in the middle of a raid and they decide to reset the Server. That is fun. you go from 0 Zombies to facing 1000 of them when you reenter the server.

Comment

Originally posted by CorpDuty View Post
                So I was able to play earlier today, and when the update dropped, we all exited the game to update, and after updating, I was receiving some errors about launching, and it seems that some of my arma files became corrupted, and I wasn't able to launch Operation arrowhead at all. So i uninstalled and reinstalled and can now launch the game, but when attempting to join a DayZ server, I now recieve this message and get kicked immediately.

Files "C:\programfiler (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma2 operation arrowhead\addons\a10.pbo,"...are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accept keys.

The first file was followed by all of the files currently in my addons folder. I have disc version of Arma2 and Steam versions of OA and BAF if this has any impact.

I'd really appreciate some help on this, and I'm terrible with computers so you'll have to give me a bit of a walk through if at all possible.

I NEED TO KILL ZOMBIES!!!

Thanks
                You sure you've installed it correctly? The mod files should be in "...\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz\Addons".
                If not, that's the problem.

I warmly suggest downloading this nifty utility to keep the files up to date and at the right place.

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                Maybe I could get some help. I followed Sarge's guide here.

I can join servers and assign myself to a role, then I just sit at a black "loading" screen forever. I tried multiple different servers and all produced the same thing. Any tips? Why do ArmA mods have to be such a PITA all the time?
                If you have "Waiting for host" bug follow the devs info here: Click. You may have corrupted save file of your character and that's causing problems.
                If it's the reqular black loading screen it's just because the server hasn't been booted in a while and it gets stuck, apparently. Your best bet is to find another server or play something else until they boot their servers.

Comment

Hey guys sort of forgot about this post once i finally got in game, all my time has been eaten up by it! But thanks for the help!
                  |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Re: DayZ mod
                    Updated my Blog on setting up with Sixupdater for the Dayz mod.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/blogs/s...-craze-tg.html

This guide will help those new to A2-OA Combined Arms just for the Dayz Mod.

Once you are set up Sixupdater you will find it easy to launch, update and explore more options beside this mod. It is also the recommended utility to use for our Alpha and Bravo servers.

Go here to get setup for the Alpha and Bravo Servers at TG.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-so...heck-list.html

Comment

Originally posted by CorpDuty View Post
                      Hey guys sort of forgot about this post once i finally got in game, all my time has been eaten up by it! But thanks for the help!
                      I am facing the exact same error message with disc version Arma2 and all addons from Steam. What steps did you take to resolve the issue?
                      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
                        Re: DayZ mod
                        Updated my Blog on setting up with Sixupdater for the Dayz mod.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/dayz/bl...-craze-tg.html

This guide will help those new to A2-OA Combined Arms just for the Dayz Mod.

Once you are set up Sixupdater you will find it easy to launch, update and explore more options beside this mod. It is also the recommended utility to use for our Alpha and Bravo servers.

Go here to get setup for the Alpha and Bravo Servers at TG.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/dayz/ar...heck-list.html
                        your links are broken buddy :)
                        It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                        - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Fixed links :http://www.tacticalgamer.com/blogs/s...-craze-tg.html

Comment

I resolved it by manually installing the beta patch. Six Updater seems to have missed my Arma2 installation.
                            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Do you guys with the six updater find it makes things easier? I do everything manually and it seems to be a lot less work, plus the updater does seem to cause issues for some people.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X