No announcement yet.

Install help - Steam launcher

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install help - Steam launcher

Hi all -- just bought ARMA 2 Combined Operations, and installed @DayZ mod. I have a tiny problem, and I'm hoping someone can help.

I followed this guide:
    ... and this screenshot:

I double checked that all the files were properly extracted -- here's a directory listing:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz.pbo
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz.pbo.dayz.bisign
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_anim.pbo
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_anim.pbo.dayz.bisign
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_code.pbo
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_code.pbo.dayz.bisign
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_equip.pbo
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_equip.pbo.dayz.bisign
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_sfx.pbo
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_sfx.pbo.dayz.bisign
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_vehicles.pbo
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_vehicles.pbo.dayz.bisign
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_weapons.pbo
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons\dayz_weapons.pbo.dayz.bisign
    I made sure the Steam launcher option for "ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead" was this exactly, copied & pasted "-nosplash [email protected]".

When I right-click on "ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead", and select "Launch ARMA2 Combined Operations", the black Windows terminal window shows scrolling text briefly, and then nothing.
    I've checked the task manager - no game-like processes are running.

Additional detail: when I right-click on OA in Steam, and select "Play" instead of "Launch Combined Operations", the game loads, and I see the @dayZ text under the logo. I go to Multiplayer, filter, and find the NY2 server hosted by Altitude. When I click Join, the game loads, briefly, then I am booted to the MP server listing with this message in the console at the bottom left: "something-something depends on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus".

If ya'll have suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Re: Install help - Steam launcher

Basically the only thing I can think of is that you might have not run regular ArmA2. If that's the case, some configuration files or whatever haven't been created yet. Has been an issue with another mod before. So give that a try. If you want to be thorough:

- Right click on Arma2 in steam. Verify the cache. Run the game, just run around in game briefly.
    - Do the same verification for Operation Arrowhead. Get in game again.
    - Try to launch Combined Operations.
    - Try to launch Combined Operations with the -mod switch

For troubleshooting it's always good to strip the game down to bare minimum. So check if both original games work without any mods. Then try launching Combined Operations without dayz. If all that works then the fault has something to do with the mod.

Re: Install help - Steam launcher

This is now resolved. Let me post what I've done to help others.

Thanks for the comment Mayrhofen - I figured this out on my own and it turned out to be close to what you said.

This helped a lot:

1. Exit steam, run Steam as Administrator.
      2. Run ARMA2 vanilla before doing any DayZ modifications. Load into any multiplayer game.
      3. Run Operation Arrowhead vanilla withotu any DayZ modifications. Load into any multiplayer game.
      4. Proceed with suggested DayZ mod setup as described in my OP links.

... and my first seven minutes in DayZ ended with with a flare campfire and 9 dead zombies. Better luck tomorrow when it's daylight.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed