Stupid bastard.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid bastard.

I ain't proud of it, gentlemen, but I shot a man in cold blood today. I shot him in the head, and he keeled over and died in a pool of blood like a farm animal.

I feel dirty even thinking about it, but hell, here's what happened.

I was walking north of Prigrodka, just by the power lines. The sun was high in the sky, and I could see for miles around. To my left, toward the coast, I saw a couple of farm buildings. Considering I had nothing but a Makarov (I died a few minutes earlier, on account of trying to help XP, who, as we all know, is a hopeless cause), so I figured I had nothing to lose.

I walk softly toward the fence surrounding the farm - and, out of nowhere, a fella is vaulting over the fence, 10m to my right. I immediately prone down, and type in chat "prigrodka - friendly?"

He looks at me, and immediately sprints off toward the nearest barn. 'course, at that point, five runners and a hopper get alerted, and I'm thinking the situation will degenerate somewhere south of the southern pole real quick, and I had better find shelter. I book it fast as I can toward the barn, after my mysterious friend. I figure with the two of us, we'd at least stand a chance. I noticed he had a long gun of some kind, and at the very least, it'd be better to follow him.

I run up the stairs behind him, zombies raising hell and high water just an inch behind me, and -- what happens?

Fella turns around, looks at me, real careful like, and shoots me in the chest. Just like that. No warning, no 'friendly', nothing. Just shoots me like a common thief.

Well, at that point, I'm at 4000 health, bleeding, and about to become zombie food. This is an angry Zhohar, a betrayed Zhohar, and a Zhohar that's out for blood. I ain't dying alone, and I sure as hell ain't dying on account of trying to be helpful to some stranger. I'm prone on the ground, screen shaking, near dead, but I can still aim.

Single Makarov bullet, directly to the head, and he falls down. Stupid bastard.

I felt like a piece of trash right after. We could have both lived, and looted the farm. Instead, he's dead, I'm almost dead, shooting frantically and trying to bandage myself between waves of zombies. I end up with 2800 health, no food or water, almost no supplies, screen shaking, and I'm passing out every 5 minutes.

Eh ... I looted the place, went back to the powerlines and met up with Drax who saved my sorry behind with a blood transfusion. I could have helped that guy. We could have made a great group. Instead ... eh. There we go, I finally killed another player.

Re: Stupid bastard.

You shouldn't feel bad at all. Did you make it out? Where are you now?

Comment

Great writing. Your story perfectly captures the tension and emotion in Day Z. So good, I've read it twice now, in fact.

Comment

Very good story. It even peaks my interest in the game.

Comment

He shot first, very justified kill.

sigpic

Comment

Was this before we headed up to Kozlovka and the barracks?
            sigpic Armed Assault
            MCpl Bloggins

Comment

Yeah, this was just before I met up with you Bloggins, Khan, and Drax. THat's why I was real glad for the blood.
              Made for an interesting night, I'd say.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X