Von

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von

why does almost no one use Von in game? I have used direct chat several times in game and it worked perfectly...though I have heard rumors that it is bugged. Are these rumors true? because it also worked well in PR arma 2....

if von worked perfectly and the dayz devs were able to script a walkie talky system where with out the walkie talky you would only be able to talk on direct channel would you be willing to forgo the use of teamspeak while in game? For the sake of gameplay and fairness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Re: Von

Saturday night with four of us in TS, and 2 groups of 2 on different parts of the map, 1 group reported using direct chat with no problems while IamtheFallen and I had no luck. I was reading up today while at work and have seen references to some folks having no difficulty, while others swear it's bugged, broken, and won't work until the next Arma update, if then. I would like to see it work as it would allow small groups to use the Directional chat in game while staying in a larger TS channel.

I'm open to suggestions if others here have been able to get it to work, especially if you had problems and had luck after making changes.
    |TG-6th|FYAH29
    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

I'd love a walky-talky system in game, but wouldn't forego TS. It would be nearly impossible to find anyone without it. If anything I think everyone should spawn with a short-range radio for communications purposes.

I've used directional VOIP a few times when TS was getting too crowded without issues, so it seems to be working for me :D.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

VON works most of the time, however, it does not work all of the time.

Many times certain clients just 'wont get the message' and then the other half of the time 'Direct Chat' is too quiet (protip: direct chat is tied to Effects volume not voice).

I use direct when necessary and I personally love it (if only it were louder).

One reason not to use Direct is that the Runners will hear it.

Comment

Well if they hear direct then they should hear all radio chatter because all von is sent over direct

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yea, this is true. Thing is using any other chat though will get you yelled at.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X