Parallel universes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel universes

I've been thinking about this, but with the persistant server to server setting that allows you to transfer your character and have everything the same, isn't this a lot like Quantum Leap? It's like there are hundreds of parallel universes that you can travel back and forth to which will allow you to have bases of operation in one world from where you can launch your attack on other parallel worlds... It'll be like war of the worlds but it will be parallel universes that are like, servers or something...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Parallel universes

Hah. Well I guess thats a nerdy way to put it.

Though I just like looking at it as a continuing of my own story and not the server's. So in that case I figure every server is 'the same' and the differences are explained by natural flow of events/time.

Comment

There's a downside to this, at least if you're a bandit - if you find yourself being cornered by bandits as I was last night, you *could* exploit this quantum leap by 'leaping' to a different server and thereby escaping the bandits. The small group I was with decided against this, and paid the price (the bandits won). I could see myself thinking differently should I be put in a similar position...

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
        There's a downside to this, at least if you're a bandit - if you find yourself being cornered by bandits as I was last night, you *could* exploit this quantum leap by 'leaping' to a different server and thereby escaping the bandits. The small group I was with decided against this, and paid the price (the bandits won). I could see myself thinking differently should I be put in a similar position...
        Yeah they are working on this server hoping exploit.

Comment

It has been done. You can no longer, exploit the disconnect.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

only cowards run from a fight.

sigpic

Comment

I'm a coward.
              I'm also alive and isn't the disconnect just a time penalty so if you choose to hop before you get engaged then there is no penalty ?
              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
              So that when they turn their backs on you,
              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse