Steam chat in DayZ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam chat in DayZ?

I'm not sure if this is an ArmaII or DayZ question... but can you use steam chat while in-game? I thought I could in ArmaII back in the day but haven' been able to open it up in DayZ.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Steam chat in DayZ?

I've got the steam version and it's never worked for me.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I got it working. Basically you can't be using any of the launchers or it won't work.

I got both games as a bundle on steam and I am running the latest beta patch. Your paths and setups probably differ so it is likely that doing exactly the same things won't work for you, but you get the general idea what you need to do.

First of, I selected Add game in steam library. Then chose Add a non-steam game and browsed to my arma beta executable. For me it's located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe. This itself doesn't load any mods though. Needed to right click the added shortcut in steam and select properties. Here's what I changed there:

Command line:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;ca;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expan sion;@dayz" -nosplash
      NB! There's no space in the word Expan sion as it appears in the box above. Forum problem.

Start in:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"
      Hope this helps you.

Comment

Hm. Yeah works for me ok too. Maybe check your 'game overlay' settings in steam? Does <shift-tab> do anything while you're in-game?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          Hm. Yeah works for me ok too. Maybe check your 'game overlay' settings in steam? Does <shift-tab> do anything while you're in-game?
          Nope, nothing. I'll dbl check those settings. I'm launching the game from the six updater so not sure if that makes a diff.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Try launching from steam:

Library --> <right-click> ArmA2 --> Launch Options --> add " [email protected] -nosplash "

Library --> <right-click> ArmA2 --> Launch Combined Operations

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              Try launching from steam:

Library --> <right-click> ArmA2 --> Launch Options --> add " [email protected] -nosplash "

Library --> <right-click> ArmA2 --> Launch Combined Operations
              i tried this but when I launched the game it wasn't picking up the dayz mod. Maybe because I installed the mod with the six updater?
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...