• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally shot and killed someone

sorry troublesome :icon_lol:

Re: I finally shot and killed someone

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    sorry troublesome :icon_lol:
    This! You have won the internet Whiskey HAHAHAHAHA. But seriously...we need to organize the tribunal and bring you up on charges...or you can pay off the council in beans..

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

On the flip side. I have became a survivor.

Sent from my phone

TGU InstructorTG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean ∑ Former ARMA Admin ∑ Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
        I finally shot and killed someone
        Same here! Got my first murder today.

Sorry whiskey :(

Comment

Disregard my previous post.

I'm stuck until the bandit thing is deleted.

Sent from my phone

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
            Disregard my previous post.

I'm stuck until the bandit thing is deleted.

Sent from my phone
            What is the bandit thing?
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

It's a character model that you would become if your humanity rate falls below a certain number.
              Usually happens when you kill a survivor it two.

Sent from my phone

Comment

Right... just meant what 'bandit thing is deleted'?
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Ok. The latest patch should have nullified the bandit character model but it didn't happen...yet. (Thursday update)

I thought I got reverted back to the survivor model but it hasn't.

Hope this clears it up.

Sent from my phone

Comment

Just shot Dredge in the face today while he was running from some zombies... Sorry Dredge, the bandit skin looks almost exactly like those military zombies at distance :(.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I shot some random guy who spawned into the store in Zell and while I have 1 murder showing my skin hasn't changed.
                      It was a new character however since I was murdered shortly after spawning in tonight.
                      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                      So that when they turn their backs on you,
                      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Adding my name to the shame roster lol.

Last night was my first real outing in DayZ, in as much as it is the first time I have met up with fellow TG'ers and been able to enjoy some of the real strengths of the title.

So I spawn in, without map or compass, and decide I am just going to use landmarks and head inland and see how things go from there. After a short walk Aimed spawns in a few clicks from my insertion point and offers to meet up as he has some useful gear he is willing to share with me. I hastily dogleg back meet up with him at a small airfield that is crawling with Walkers. He gives me a map and compass and a couple of other bits, (thank you mate) and we head North to meet up with Dredge and Nards. Kwalc joins us and he gives me a spare water bottle (thank you mate).

Aimed suggests a couple of loot locations for us to check out to see if we can get me a bigger boom stick. We find a Winny but I put it in my pack in a moment of ham fisted noobishness and it is lost. We then find a crossbow, yay. We scout some more locations and I go a bit 'Game of Thones' on a few Zeds. We then hit a military base and go shopping, I pick up an M14 DMR, which has the benefit of a scope and massive stopping power offset by the fact that it's like ringing a Walker dinnerbell when you find it.

We meet up with Dredge and Nards et al at the Airfield and they have gone loud as we get there. A bit of shooting here and there and we are collecting supplies when out of nowhere we get a sudden Walker rush. They are on us in seconds as 50% of our security cordon appears to be asleep. I start pluggin away with the M14 and well, I don't know if it was panic, the sun in my eyes or just plain old confusion but....well I am sorry Kwalc. The M14 at 20 meters is pretty nasty and he dropped like a stone. Luckily we had sufficient medical supplies to plug the silver dollar sized hole I just punched in him and we were able to get him on his feet. I muttered my apologies and suggested we move out, more to change the subject than anything else....

Apologies Kwalc lol.

Comment

Lol!

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Okay, I'll bite.

After 4 days of raiding and some pretty hairy gunfights, my character finally died on a hillside north of Prigordky. When I respawned last night, I was near Komaravo. Rather than hit up the Balota airfield (since I've been killed there once already) I decided to bypass it and head straight into Cherno. After poking around the city awhile, and getting most of the necessities (map, compass, binos, food and water, knife, matches, ALICE pack, Lee Enfield, and a 1911) I overheard that Wicks had died and was near Balota. Since I had nothing better to do, I stuffed a spare Enfield and two mags into my pack and moved west to meet him. Eventually ran into him at the Cherno train station, where I handed off the rifle and some other gear, and we then moved back west to save Devilsrighthandman from a pair of zombies that chased him out of Balota. Sometime later I had taken a break to hang up laundry, and was moving into Cherno to link up with Wicks and Devils. They were at the square, so after hitting up the church and general store on the west end, I took up residence in the Apartment building on the south corner of the town square.

I let both of them know where I am, and wait for them to finish their business at whatever part of the square they're on. Not even two minutes later, *POW* *POW* .... *POW* *POW* *POW*. Devils calls out over TS3 that he's dead in the square. I'm on the second floor of the apartment building, in the center of the room to minimize my profile with my Enfield trained on the square. Wicks and I are both crazy paranoid at this point, as neither of us have a clue where this guy is. I'm in sniper mode at this point, and I soon think I see the shooter, moving diagonal from me on the road running past the town hall and north of the hotel. I take my first shot....and miss. The guy stops moving, and I take my second shot...which drills him right in the chest. He drops like a sack of bricks.

....As it turns out, my target was Wicks.

I went out of my way to find and help Wicks out, and the combination of this Bandit and my own paranoia has gotten the best of me at the cost of Wicks' virtual life. I apologized profusely, but decided to stay put and wait the bandit out. I want this prick's life in exchange. I didn't have to wait long as he soon shows himself on the roof of the town hall, a Bandit with an M4 CCO. He crouched right on the edge of the building, one of the easiest targets I've ever seen. I only needed one shot this time. I didn't loot the body, it was too exposed for my tastes, and his death was enough to satisfy me.

So moral of the story, always confirm your target. I made a really rookie mistake there, but hopefully I won't make that mistake ever again.

(Sorry again mate :o )

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Lol it's all good mate, and kudos for your very quick shot correction lol. No karma wise you at least break even as you went to great lengths to meet up with me and were great company, right till the end.....

Looking forward to meeting up with you again. Forgive me if I stay at the back of our next patrol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X