Map tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map tips

So I finally found a map. Any tips on how to use this map from the ArmA players? Are there specific things about map functionality in DayZ?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Function? Besides for navigation and the like. Not really unfortunately.

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Re: Map tips

You can double click (I think) to put a marker down. Not super helpful without a GPS, but... I marked a few tree-stands, and a few places where pumps were in towns.

Comment

A few servers will mark your location on the map which is super helpful, not all of them do though. Personally I just keep my laptop next to me with the browser map open. Safer to glance at that then to kneel down and be completely oblivious to the outside world for a few seconds.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          You can double click (I think) to put a marker down. Not super helpful without a GPS, but... I marked a few tree-stands, and a few places where pumps were in towns.
          If you put markers on a map, everyone in the server with a map will see it. This is part of the ArmA engine, not part of the DayZ mod.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
            If you put markers on a map, everyone in the server with a map will see it. This is part of the ArmA engine, not part of the DayZ mod.

Free candy in the middle of this seemingly quiet open field, come get it! :p

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

What if the markers are in Direct ? Will that only show to people a certain distance away ?
              And what about Command Channel ?
              I know I can see people's text in that channel but has anyone tested the map markers ?
              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
              So that when they turn their backs on you,
              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Also (again only on some servers) shift-clicking will set a waypoint that you can see while walking around, also very handy for finding your way around.

Comment

A good 8 minute tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-wfeERIjEY

I personally keep eyes out for landmarks, find those first, and then plot out my course to another landmark using approximate angles by shadows. Try to completely avoid pure forest unless you have a compass... you'll get turned around without knowing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X