Are flashlights useful?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are flashlights useful?

So I've found a flashlight and while I could see them being useful to see in the dark / dark bldgs... i'm not sure they're worth taking up the whole 2nd slot or so much room in the pack. Anyone find these useful?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

I have dropped mr flashlight due to the same reason. Space.

I found M4 with light attachment. You can find these at the military barracks in the Nw airfield.

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Re: Are flashlights useful?

I've also been lugging one around, but... I don't do much night-time stuff, but figured I might if I lived long enough. Im also weighing the same - light in the dark vs having 5 more slots in the pack.

Comment

I found a 12Ga pump with a light. If I could have found some oo buck instead of just slug rounds I might have held on to it.

Comment

That is the Remington 870 if I remember correctly and it will take M1014 rounds which do have pellets.
          A flashlight is a great tool to draw in bandits or distract people but other than that you are better off with ChemLights and Flares.
          You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
          So that when they turn their backs on you,
          You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
            you are better off with ChemLights and Flares.
            Explain?

Comment

Flares can be used to illuminate dark places without you yourself being visible.

Proper use of flares in combat operations can illuminate the enemy (Z's or P's) without illuminating yourself. Just throw the flare behind them and their silhouette betrays everything.

Chem lights, while they look bright close, lose all but the faintest illumination at ranges greater than 50m and they last hours.

Finally, the issue with flashlights, is that the civilian model is a flood light seen from crazy ranges and leaves you in a position of defenselessness. This is why I like my glock17, its light is pretty good and it also shoots.

Comment

If having the light is a must have. Carrying the G17 with light attachment would be the best option. Leavin you with more slots in inventory.

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X