Venturing Items of Importance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venturing Items of Importance

Below is a quick little guide from my experience of needed items for day to day venturing. The idea here is that you've graduated from the Coastal Bean Wars and are now in an area where your operations are less likely to have player contact. As a result your game play will be more protracted and long term suited.

1) Comfortable to use side arm:
    -The absolute go to PvE weapon of choice is the side arm. Nearly any will do and here is where the piss-poor Makarov shines. Side arms are best of all quiet and in this harsh world the less noise you make the longer you live. Always be sure to conserve your Makarov Ammo in the beginning; swap out for a M1911 when given the option as its ammo is a good deal more common now in residential/farm buildings. The M1911 rounds have substantially more stopping power for only a small increase in sound so its a preferred weapon of choice.

I personally operate with a G17 but its smaller rounds make you suffer for not taking the time to go for the head shot.

2) Medical Supplies:
    -Painkillers, Morphine, and bandages. You need these things badly, especially if you are operating alone. Without Morphine or Bandages... you'll most likely die if you ever get into a situation that requires them. Painkillers, though, only save you from annoyance and not impending death. Try to operate with at least one Morphine at any time in your current inventory and a second one if you can spare the room (you can), and two to three bandages when starting your raid for supplies.

3) Patience
    -Not an item but just as important as anything else. The Z's roam a lot now so just wait for them to move about and part enough for you to sneak past, normally they do. Also, if you have a gut feeling that you shouldn't attempt a raid because its too risky and the reward isn't that great... listen to yourself! No sense in losing five days of survival because you rushed into a barn that had a Lee Enfield in it!

4) Sustenance Items
    -Canteens are normally the difference between life and death in this game. Water is needed so frequently that a Canteen which is reusable will save you a ton of grief. This being said always try to begin a venture with a Canteen and a Soda (along with at least one canned food item). Chances are you'll need it before the day is done. Also, when logging off expect to need to eat/drink when logging back in and plan accordingly!

5) A shopping List
    -Not in game exactly, but this is just as important as anything else. Go out with a goal... and attempt to aquire it. Tier the items here in order of its impact on your survival; Food/Drink are tops, but found very easy without much risk, top tier rifles (mil grade) are harder and when without groups is a very dangerous goal when not going for a deer stand (civilian tier weapons tend to kill just as well), survival gear (hard to find but the most important gear to becoming self sufficient).
    Last edited by Damonte; 05-24-2012, 10:09 AM. Reason: fixed tag

Re: Venturing Items of Importance

Patience is the most important item on that list.
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Add to your shopping list a bigger backpack. Bigger pack will give you some extra options on what and how much of something you might carry.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Scattershot View Post
        Add to your shopping list a bigger backpack. Bigger pack will give you some extra options on what and how much of something you might carry.
        I've got the alice backpack with 20 slots... are there any bigger packs than that?
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Yes the Coyote Backpack with 24 slots

Comment

I found on in the deer stand North of Stary Sobor.

Comment

The Coyote Backpack, which is rare (you can only find them in military locations), comes with 24. ALICE is second best.

Edit - Got ninja'd.
              sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...