X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My initial Day Z experience.

(Spawn In)

Its frickin' dark!

Oh yeah... most servers are based on UTC.

(nom nom)

What's that sound?

(nom nom)

What's that flashing drop icon?

(nom nom)

I'm being attacked by a zed! On the frickin' beach! Fifteen seconds into my first spawn!

(bang bang bang)

Killed my first zed.

(use first bandage)

I'm disconnecting until I can play in the daylight.

Re: My initial Day Z experience.

lol
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Your story sounds more fun than mine.

I just ran around on the beach in the crouch position. Running like a little sand bird until found a lot of tall grass and then I immediately tried to roll around in it...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I have found different servers, like one of the Virginia ones, was total darkness, while a NY or Chicago Server was daylight... So I just run server to server to find the light.. I'm scared!
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Night time is one of the safest times to play when done right.

Use flares! Don't be afraid about this... just be smart about them. Don't stay in the light of the flare ever... carrying them is a situation thing that in most situations should never be done. Focus on finding a building immediately that is open.

Night time is a harsh world because its so dark, specifically when the moon is less than half full... I find that I only play at night a few hours at most. Certainly its darkness helps to conceal you but it also conceals all the other lurking demons in the night.

Comment

There is also the gamma option which does help but makes things look a little strange too...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I shall never complain about night time. Only day time servers.

What I don't get it is this; Why are you guys so afraid of the dark? It provides the most immersion the mod can offer and so many other factors that makes it more fun.

By the way, If you see a shadow move, its too late.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I was in the middle of a field in a nighttime server and had some jack run past me on purpose with a herd of zeds in tow. I let off a smoke grenade and lost them. I then tried to off the idiot with my silent pistol....I shot him 6 times in the chest with that pos and he didn't drop. Capped me with his revolver.... first time I died, I was furious! I haven't been that pissed about a game in a long time. I love it.

I won't be attempting to murder with a silenced pistol again unless I can get a head shot...
                Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The game is entertaining but ARMA 2 and it's desync/lag is really getting to be a pain. Otherwise it's fun but overall things like grouping up can be tedious and playing alone is rather suicidal. So far I've had the chance to die twice. The first time was actually my very first time playing, it was dark and I saw a flare. Now I play in the light. Second time was out near the Elektrozavodsk beach when a zed just warped right in front of me.

I hope that I will get the chance to group up with more of you as I play. Keep your steaks warm and I'll bring the cola!
                  sigpic

Comment

My first experience - it was completely pitch dark, and I heard the sound of surf pounding on the beach. I ran a little bit, and started splashing in the water.

Then I saw two little flashes of light on my otherwise totally-black screen, and it said:

YOU ARE DEAD
                    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                    -Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X