28 May Group Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 May Group Up

I loaded into the game while hearing reports from those on TG Towers of a sniper picking of our security element. I got in and began scanning, heard macarov shooting and zeroed in. Turns out our sniper was glitched in a wall that allowed him to see and shoot out while remaining invisible to the rest of us. I saw a puff of smoke from his enfield and then died. Lucky for me, I spawned in right outside of Cherno. I began running as fast as I could, zombies be damned. I approached his building and took two macarov shots to the torso. Low on blood with zeds around, I bandaged and pushed into his building. Fresh clip in I began working slowly up the steps trying to make as little noise as possible. I made it to the third floor and heard him reloading. I pied the corner and saw him, in the reload animation, and began shooting as fast as my little macarov could keep up. Full clip into his chest, he turned and ducked into a corner. I waited, and reloaded keeping my eyes on the door. I jumped into the doorway and before I could get a round off he fired his enfield for the last time. As he hit me he finished bleeding out, and I died. I guess you can call that a win?

Well, I lucked out for a second time and spawned almost in the same spot as the last respawn. I made my way to TG Towers, by this time Damonte was in TS organizing the survivors for a trek North to loot deer stands and get out of the city. I grabbed my pack, my DMR and ammo and began working my way to Damonte. When I got there, we setup and began waiting for the others and who do we see? The guy that had killed me and the other TG'ers in Cherno. At the request of Damonte I let him go but kept a watchful eye. While waiting yet another survivor neared our position and began moving about. Having the high ground and my DMR I told this guy to not even think about it and he replied that he would comply. Shorty after, Damonte and I began taking fire. I thought it was our newer friend and turned to shoot, but he was running away from the shots same as us. I began scanning and who do you think I found? Our little friend! (I still blame Damonte) He was behind a tree firing at us as fast as he could. I was hit so I jumped behind a tree, popped smoke and *bandaged myself. Damonte on my left, we began trying to sort ourselves out and get out of our current situation. Damonte began putting suppressive fire down and I tried to get a shot, but was unable to see him.

Right about this time Corp Duty said he was in the AO and had eyes on our little friend but had taken a shot or two and was also in bad shape. We decided movement was key so we began flexing up the hill to get the advantage, but soon realized he had moved as well. Now we have two wounded, and a shooter hidden nearby. All of a sudden Damonte and I hear shooting from the back side of our hill. Several shots, then nothing. The entire forest fell quiet and we sat and waited. Corp keyed up 'I got him'. *A wave of relief fell over us and we all linked up and moved up the tree line. Low on blood, we began exchanging items to try and fix ourselves but were still short.

I decided to use the blood pack I had on Corp to get him up. Being the sharpshooter in the group I didn't need to see in color to provide over watch and having to able bodied assault guys was better than one and a half. *While we finished sorting things I realized that there was a second blood bag in my Coyote! Oh happy DayZ! I had Damonte patch me up and we moved back to the road so the guys moving our way could find us. While sitting there, guess who we saw run passed? You guessed it! Our little buddy was back AGAIN! This time though he ran by and didn't see us. Our group decided to move to the West and then on from there. While we moved the rest of our group had arrived so we decided to just book it and not look back. I took point and started moving but had to stop. Someone behind me said something about falling behind or hold on I can't quite remember.

As I was watching our group move to me, I saw someone running in the field behind us towards the South. I pulled up Vera (yes that's my DMRs name...don't judge) and had a look. Why it's our little buddy. And he has an M4 and Alice pack. I tell the group to prone out and that I have eyes on our friend. *Everyone goes prone and beings asking questions. "Shhhhhhhhhh" I say as I track him with my scope, knowing that as long as I see him I can hit him. He stops behind a tree, and I see my opportunity. I am low, around his navel because the DMR shoots high and I fire a shot. To me the round hits the leaves so I fire a second shot a split second after the first and am rewarded with a spray of pink mist. He was dead. The first shot had indeed hit him, travelled through the tree and pegged him in the chest. As he was keeling over from the near fatal wound my second shot came in and got him in the head. We see immediately that he disconnected in anger, if you want to kill but will rage when someone actually takes the fight to you maybe you should move back to checkers. Just sayin.

Anywho, I tell the group to stay hidden I will check his body. This guy had an M4 4 STANAG, and one STANAG SD. Plus the usual assortment of food, soda, flares, heat pack etc. I grabbed up his stuff and headed back to the group.

We moved North and started hitting deer stands by this time there were five of us. Had another encounter with a survivor and he learned the hard way that I am protective of my group. Couple shots from Vera and he was down. His body properly raided and hidden we began moving North East towards Stary Sobor and Green Mountain. A few dead zeds, and a couple deer stands later there are ten of us and we are all kited out pretty damn well. We move to Stary and hear Orbital urgently requesting help as there are at least 3 survivors looting the medical tents in Stary. The group rushes in, being only a few hundred meters away. The sight was indeed something to behold. Ten survivors with DMRs, M4's, and enfields charging across a field and up the hill to Orbitals location.

We link up and move into over watch and get eyes on. We count three of them two with some good gear and AK's the other has his trusty Winchester. We strategize a bit and I tell everyone to get ready. We are engaging on my signal. I steady my rifle, take a deep breath, and squeeze the trigger. They never knew what hit them. 11 TG survivors with military grade weapons opened up in a quick staccato of gun fire. All three dropped, and everything went quiet again. The group looted under the watchful eye of the over watch team and we vacated back into the woods almost as quickly as we had descended. *

Great games last night guys! It was some of the best I have had yet. Look forward to doing it again with you again!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: 28 May Group Up

Running as a group raiding deer stands and the Zelenogorsk grocery store was some of the best large group activity I've had. Finding my M4 CCO in the deer stand was a pleasant bonus.

Word of advice for people starting out after death... pull up the deer stand map and just hit all that you can. They are considered military buildings and therefore drop military loot. The grocery store at Zelenogorsk is, in my opinion, the easiest one to get in and out of.

Also, a minor update to Dredge's story: He actually dropped about three other survivors after getting the 'one guy' that had been hounding us. More and more, it is becoming a 'drop them, right now!' mentality. No waiting to see if they are 'good' or 'evil'.

That and Aimed and Damonte are now brothers.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

I only had 3 murders total last night. The first guy twice and the dude by the deer stand. Oh. The dude at the tents. I got credit for that. Ok 4 murders. But all justified. We let the one at the stands go but he turned and was running towards us. He had an ak and rather than risk the group I dropped him.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I forgot that the one survivor outside Zelenogorsk got killed by zeds and not by Dredge.

You failed to mention that we were a small group of 5 and met up with John's group of 4, and then found the 5 boars in the forest (all right next to each other).

25 delicious steaks sizzling on the fire.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Just a quick perspective from the other group going north yesterday.

In the beginning it was a bit of a mess. Apparantly there were some weird issues going on, because US15 wouldn't let half the channel in. We tried serverhopping for a bit, but none really worked, until I somehow got into US15 again. I had recently been accidentially TK'ed and was without gear, so I quickly raided the cherno church, store and fire station for a lot of food, water, an AK and a 1911.
          At this point, however, Dredges group was long gone so me and 4 other stragglers met up north of Cherno. John flenaly(?) then led us north, where we first checked out zub castle and then circled around stary sobor to hit it from the north hill. Once there we saw an unfortunate soul crawling around a downed helicopter to the north, we took him out and tried looting the helicopter ourself, which resulted in a 400m run to a barn with 10 military zombies in tow. Once that was over we raided 6 player tents on the hill as well as the military camp, and then linked up with Dredges group.

Comment

was definately good times last night. My heart was a pumping in that forest when trying to link up with dredge and damonte and fighting off this bandit as well. Good games all!
            |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X