Update 1.7 Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 1.7 Coming

On the phone with crappy connection so I can't quote anything. But Rocket has said 1.7 is coming soon and it will increase performance. He said load times will become almost instant, no more waiting for server/host forever. No ETA yet

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Update 1.7 Coming

Dag nab it!
    So far, there are two major issues is 1.6.0.1 and I really hope he fixes those.
    #1 Tents cannot be deployed, anywhere, period.
    #2 Crashed helis can not be entered (or looted) at all.

I really hope 1.7 fixes those issues. But - Rocket is pretty dang quick with updates, so, fingers crossed.

Comment

It's not that they aren't enter able. The issue is the loot despawns too quickly. It's a known issue, and it's being looked at/ worked on

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Phone with crappy connection doesn't keep you from reading the DayZ forums at work tho, does it Dredge ?
        ;)

I hope this update speeds the connection process, that will be awesome.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          It's not that they aren't enter able. The issue is the loot despawns too quickly. It's a known issue, and it's being looked at/ worked on
          That's a negative - multiple confirmed on DayZ forums, and confirmed myself last night on two separate helis immediately after server reboot: it's not possible to interact with crashed helis in any way. This of course means they can't be looted either.

I was pretty bummed out by that, but, on the bright side, I confirmed on two different servers and I have a pretty good idea of heli crash site spawn hot-zones: if this does get fixed, I should be able to find a crashed heli within 30 minutes.

Comment

Zohar pm me with detals ;) but you can't get in or find gear menus because it's all despawned according to the DayZ peeps

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Played some 1.7 this morning. Had to drop my Crossbow for a DMR, bolts are currently disappearing :(. However, the intended changes seem to be working.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                Played some 1.7 this morning.
                Where did you get 1.7? I checked the dayzmod.com download mirrors and the sixupdater and neither had 1.7.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

I hope they fix the various prone door bone breaks, and the glitchy railings and the crappy inventory before they worry about helios...
                  Never fear! Kizz is here! - Medic - Pilot (CAS-Heilo, NO JET) - AT

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                    Where did you get 1.7? I checked the dayzmod.com download mirrors and the sixupdater and neither had 1.7.
                    It's limited at this point but you can get it from the link in Rocket's post http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9196

Comment

Don't forget devils castle.

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I played 1.7 a while today. There are a lot of servers running it already. Be prepared to spawn on the coast if you try it out. You will still have your stuff, but everyone spawns on the coast. Not where you dc'd from. Also, we had some audio issues when trying to go back to a non 1.7 server. Just FYI, if looking into it.

Comment

1.7.0 is on Sixupdater now but wait for word from the Server Admins before updating. Once they update our server then you can update thru Six.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
                            1.7.0 is on Sixupdater now but wait for word from the Server Admins before updating. Once they update our server then you can update thru Six.
                            Sixupdater automatically upgraded me. :-/
                            |TG-12th| asch
                            sigpic

Comment

It's not a problem Asch, you might be able to connect and I am sure the Admins will update soon if they haven't already. I only posted this to give a heads up.

p.s. If you find that Six updates you to version 1.7.0 automatically when trying to start DAYZ you might not beable to join server. So until the server is brought up to date you can go here:

http://cdn.armafiles.info/

and d/ld the dayz code only and place it in the addons folder of @Dayz folder that is in the game folder. Go to game folder open @Dayz folder- open addon folder -- paste the 1.6.0.1 code there.

If you are not familiar with this process I can assist you on TS or look for someone in the Dayz channel. If you need to quickly find your Game Folder just open Sixupdater and click the Game Folder tab located near the top of Six with a little yellow button.

Then once we get word that the server is updated then you can open Six and do the Updater Action of Install or update mods.
                              Last edited by SARGE; 05-31-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X