Only thing left to kill me is a cow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only thing left to kill me is a cow

I've had my run-ins with zeds, bandits, and survivors. All have found ways to kill me. After surviving a few days I had died when I couldn't respond fast enough due to video lag. I was annoyed. I lost quite a bit of gear that I had built up over the previous few days.

So when I spawned back in I was going to see how fast I could recoup what I had lost. I spawned in near one of the two larger coastal cities and I just went exploring. I hadn't been in either yet. I died several times but I had planned on that. I was able to explore, see what type of loot was in these larger cities and what type of action is going on there.

On my next spawn I my plan was to see how fast I could move through these cities. I spawned near Elektro and started to fast crouch walk. I kept my eyes open for zeds and kept close to buildings, only going prone when absolutely necessary. I was doing well, making it through to market when I hear gunshots. I couldn't see anyone but did notice a few dead survivors. I quickly scanned and found nothing on them so I went straight for the market. I found some decent loot but still had my pea shooter of a sidearm.

I made my way between the buildings and found the firehouse. Again, more dead survivors but this time they had some good loot. I loaded up an alice pack, more ammo, food and med supplies. At this point I need to take a break and go feed the baby so I climbed onto the roof of the firehouse and disconnected. I must have disconnected too soon for the server to save my last position cause when I logged back on half an hour later I'm on the ground at the bottom of the ladder with broken bones, bleeding and being eat'n alive.

I made quick work of the zeds munching on my torso and patched myself up. I'm < 5000 blood so things are shaking. I start making my way to the hospital, again only going prone when absolutely necessary. As I approach I hear shots off into the distance. I gather up much need med supplied but I'm a loner and had no one to administer the blood transfusion. There were more dead survivors around that I looted and found enough cans of food to get my blood back up over 5k. Things stop shaking. Time to hit the market one more time and then get out of dodge.

I entered a building near the market that allowed me to climb several floors and eventually get on the rooftop. I noticed movement in the market... and he's wearing a mask! I'm assuming it's the bandit that was taking out survivors not long ago. I whip out my pea shooter, take careful aim and start firing. The bandit looks right at me and I can only image the smirk forming underneath this dirty little mask. He pulls up his "bigger" gun (whatever it was it was loud) and starts firing. Luckily I was on the rooftop as my shots alerted the zeds who were moving my way. The bandit's movement plus shots diverted their attention. I begin to make my escape off of the rooftop.

For the next ten minutes or so the bandit and I play a little cat and mouse. (psst... I'm the mouse with a pea shooter). I eventually lose him and start making my way NE with plans to start raiding deer stands and barns for better equipment.

The deer stands, while providing decent loot still offered me no weapons. I eventually hit a barn that had a winchester. (sweet!). I mouse over the weapon and click 'take'. I must have experienced the bug I've read about on the dayz forums that clicking 'take' doesn't always work and actually loses the item. The gun was not in my inventory and was no longer on the ground. (damn). So with pea shooter in hand I'm making a counter clockwise pattern to continue my search.

Loaded with some decent gear (compass, watch, binoculars, every medical supply, food, and drink.... but no big gun!) I come across Staroye. I hit the barn and find another winchester! Time to load 'm up! With shotty in hand I head through the town of Staroye when the baby starts crying again. Finding a nearby building I crouch into a doorway. It doesn't open, but covers my back and part of my flanks. I look around and there's no vantage point to my location other than the hill a few meters directly in front of me. (Cool, I can disconnect here.)

For some odd reason I felt the need to go prone in this doorway. The second I hit the key I see my body go prone and then hear a crunch! (ouch!) The broken bone indicator shows up on my screen and then I'm instantly dead.

Either I got shot from somewhere I couldn't see or the damned building ate me!

For my next trick, I'm going to see if I can get eat'n by a cow.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Only thing left to kill me is a cow

I had to go through a doorway prone due to a broken leg once. Darn near killed me as well.

Wasn't even turning... just broke my bones on a stationary door frame or something.

Comment

This explains a lot. I had no idea you could break your own bones by trying to prone crawl through a door way. It does however explain what happened to me my first night of playing and where the inexplicable broken bone came from.

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
        LOL!

Great AAR, asch. I can sense your frustrations and I can tell you with full confidence that you are not alone.

I too hate (yes, hate) the gear system glitch. But what I hate the most? Glitched backpacks not willing to be picked up, just staring at you...damn you Cayote pack! damn you!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

You can pick them up off of the corpses of your victims...like I did. Poor guy never knew what hit him...from 300 meters away. Thank you random guy at the East end of cherno. I love my Elite Coyote pack.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Dude! My "Humanity" level, now shown as an image. The face is like an evil clown face. I'm never gonna be able to be accepted into society. Good thing no other players know what your humanity level is.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
              Either I got shot from somewhere I couldn't see or the damned building ate me!

ROFL... Good one Asch, good one. Please share the SOPs when you do ;)

Comment

I hate the doors, doorways, walls, all of it. They hurt you, kill you, and the zombs can walk through them like they aren't even there.

I like this aar though.

Comment

What I also dislike is the wire fencing placed maliciously to deter players to pick up loot.
                  Doorways, corners etc.

Also, be aware when you see them near the barracks. Usually bandits lie in wait.

Sent from my phone

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                    What I also dislike is the wire fencing placed maliciously to deter players to pick up loot.
                    Doorways, corners etc.
                    Once I spawned in a bldg on a server that had all the exits blocked with wire. Needless to say I had to disconnect and find another server.
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                      I hate the doors, doorways, walls, all of it. They hurt you, kill you, and the zombs can walk through them like they aren't even there.
                      And again this explains something that has perplexed me of late.

I was hole up in a house, in a room with no windows. I could hear the zeds on the other side of the wall, and they were making their angry growls like they could see me. In a few moments they began coming into the room I was in. When I entered the house I had shut two doors between me and them. After putting down the horde and making my exit, I found the same two doors still in the shut state.

Comment

Yes, Zeds can walk through closed doors. And open them.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

It's an ArmA engine thing.

Sent from my phone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X