"Hey guys what server are you playing on?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hey guys what server are you playing on?"

Haha, I think someone needed to say it - we need a better system to communicate what server we're playing on, and what our general area is.

It's a chore and an interruption to answer all these "what server / where are you" questions.

I put forward the idea of giving people rights to rename the TX9 subchannels in TeamSpeak.
    If you aren't playing on our server, TX9, then head into another channel.
    If you are on TX9, everyone should be able to make a new channel, or rename an existing one to say where they are and possibly what they're doing.

That way, we'd have something like this TS:

Arma2 DayZ Mod
    - TX9 Server
    --- NW raiding party
    --- Chernogorsk medical raid
    --- Elektrozavodsk hospital raid
    --- Survivor meetup north of Balota

- Other Servers
    --- NY2 - Airfield raid
    --- Chicago 19 - Gorki - car searching

I use the term "everyone" loosely and I'm sure it'd be a pain to update the channel headings each time you hit a new city but ... anything's better than what we've got now.

Re: "Hey guys what server are you playing on?"

Thumbs up

Comment

Sexy, needs TS admins though.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
        You should be able to create temp channels that stick around until they are empty and then go away.
        Sounds good. I'll test this out tonight.
        I'm not real keen on a particular method - I am keen on solving the "who is on what server and where on the map" questions. TS may turn out to be a poor method for that problem after all - we may not like it if someone just created a TG account and jumped in TS to find out all our locations/objectives.

Comment

Agree with zho. However temp channels can already be made like Damonte said. If not, then the persons in this group could be given some rights to create and delete channels for the dayz channels. This can easily be done through the permission groups in ts.

Comment

The majority of our TS server gets it's permissions through integration with the forums, not in TeamSpeak directly. Some stuff we can do, in other cases trying to manually force TS to deal with permissions that aren't inherited from the forums can break stuff.
            Ah, yes. Slipped my mind for some reason. Hopefully Damonte/Apo will figure something out :D
            Last edited by Kwalc; 05-30-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Easily can use some keywords that are only available in this forum in order to keep things secure.

Example: Post a channel list/passwords in a sticky. Channel 1-3 could be sectors in the South, 4-6 sectors in midmap, and 7-9 the North. Have all these channels passworded with the password only available here. This, or a similar adaptation would work well I think. Keeps details out of the public but lets regional coordination still occur.

Comment

Any other holes you can punch in it to make sure we get it right?
                Worth investigating, but if it's non-trivial, I wouldn't spend the time just yet.

The balance between private and public DayZ presence on TG is hardly set in stone right now. I'll get my thoughts on that out in another post, but as on off-the-cuff remark, there's no issue with having anyone create a temporary subchannel of their liking.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X