Damn lying surivors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn lying surivors

Time to shoot first, ask questions later. 'nuff said.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Damn lying surivors

Exactly.

Comment

I learned my lesson today to team up with known friends.

After nearly a week going solo and looting deer stands and barns, I was sniped in the head from who-knows-where. Kinda sucks.

Stay frosty out there!
      "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
      -Einstein

Comment

I had my gun sighted on the survivor but didn't shoot. He then gives the salute (sign of friendly). I lower my weapon and do the same, but while I'm in the motion, he pops me.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

See, I don't ever feel obliged to return the salute. The act of me not shooting him is enough of a sign of good faith.

Yeah, when eyes meet... and hopefully you've already sighted this guy, never ever lower your weapon. If he sights his, pop him in mid animation. I shoot first ask questions later when surprised and when I'm spotted. I don't shoot normally when not spoted myelf.

Comment

Lesson learned from the said incidents made be wary of the players.

I usually avoid them at all costs.

If I feel like I need trigger time. I just aggro the players without remorse.

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

If I'm in a bad spot I'll try and see if they are friendly otherwise I'll tell them to turn around and run or I'll kill them.

A while ago I was raiding a deer stand when I heard shots close by. I wrote in chat and told him to go away or I would snipe him. I didn't see him at all I but he didn't need to know that.. Then I spent over 20 minutes in my small tower checking the land around me for him. I was way to scared to move at all. Most agonizing 20 minutes of my life.
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

My current work-in-progress rules of engagement.

Comment

This is my ROE.

If its not Gijoe, kill it.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Only been player killed twice. Both times I could have avoided it by listening to the little voice in my head. I have no intention of deliberately seeking confrontation with other players as a first option as it removes one of the most interesting risk/reward dynamics from the game.

For example, you are alone, injured or struggling and see a survivor, do you risk seeking help, will he just shoot you and take your loot, will he help you, enabling you to stay alive and keep your hard won gear?

If every player just shoots to kill on sight, which isn't difficult, then eventually it becomes standard practice. This will remove any chance of a cooperative interaction between strangers. For me that makes the game a lot less interesting, its just coop deathmatch with looting.....yawn.

I am not saying that I will greet every stranger with open arms, I won't, there will be tension, that juicy standoff when it could go either way etc. I would rather lose a bit of loot once in a while than have that whole side of the experuence removed from the game for me.

That being said I will of course ruthlessly hunt down any player that kills me, and if I'm in a particularly bad mood and they don't disconnect I may do it more than once to ensure the message is tattooed firmly to the inside of what remains of their skull.

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                      This is my ROE.

If its not Gijoe, kill it.
                      Oh man, and I thought I copyrighted that tactic :) - had to pop a guy 10 minutes after loading into the game for the first time today.

In my moral defense, he acted way too sketchy (laid prone in a barn and kept wandering from window to window with a gun in his hands...)

I made a very intricate maneuver to lure him out of the building by attracting his attention to one of the exits. By the time he got out, I changed my position which gave me an absolute tactical advantage (i.e. a bush) - observed him for 10 seconds as he frantically was trying to find me, and finished him off with 2 shots. However, I might have misjudged the situation as it turned out that the guy was new to the game just like I was and might have been hiding from rabid villagers who seem to lack any notion of hospitality. I figured it right after I walked into a shack next to the barn and heard some unhuman sounds outside shortly after. (the shack had metal doors, which I have a habit to close no matter which arma mod I play :) ).

Btw, turns out the crazies cančt open the doors!

sigpic
                      |TG-69th|desant

Comment

Originally posted by desant_1 View Post
                        Btw, turns out the crazies cančt open the doors!
                        They don't need to - they just warp right through them :/

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                          If every player just shoots to kill on sight, which isn't difficult, then eventually it becomes standard practice. This will remove any chance of a cooperative interaction between strangers. For me that makes the game a lot less interesting, its just coop deathmatch with looting.....yawn.

I am not saying that I will greet every stranger with open arms, I won't, there will be tension, that juicy standoff when it could go either way etc. I would rather lose a bit of loot once in a while than have that whole side of the experuence removed from the game for me.
                          +1

In surprise situations, I'm taking the shot. But if there's a chance to interact from relative safety, I'll happily do that too.

Comment

I determined that it was necessary to shoot first and ask later about 45 seconds into the game when I was shot in the face with a marcov...
                            Never fear! Kizz is here! - Medic - Pilot (CAS-Heilo, NO JET) - AT

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              null
                              You're right :(

found my character getting killed inside a shack as I walked back to my computer after being afk for an hour.

sigpic
                              |TG-69th|desant

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...