If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
No announcement yet.
What would people want to see in a Public TGU class?
Re: What would people want to see in a Public TGU class?
1. Tips experienced players take for granted.
- how to set waypoints
- how to double-tap most keys (compass, running toggle, etc)
- how to increase gamma/hdr to play at night
- why deer stands are important
- how to follow a road safely
- how to get oriented after a brand new spawn
- what kinds of buildings are enterable
- how to safely pick up weapons/backpacks without losing something
- how do silenced weapons/ammo work
- what ammo is interchangable with what (9mm for most sidearms)
- what gear is 'useless' - flares, chemlights, frag grenades, etc
- what gear is disproportionately useful - blood bags, smoke grenades, all survival gear
- how to make steaks (animal + knife to gut + matches/axe to start a fire)
- where the out-of-game maps are, and how to use them (show the links
2. How to call prone checks. That is, not describe what you're seeing (too slow) - just speak very generally (running in field) and pronecheck.
3. Debatable - how to organize yourself in TS. How to make a channel, update it, etc so we don't shoot each other. This is still a work in progress so might be a bit advanced for a newbie class.
4. Also a bit advanced - how to run proper overwatch. Why overwatch is important. Why big groups are a liability (easy to see) and an advantage (overwatch helps prevent problems).
5. Intermediate/advanced: how to lead a group. Basically the combined few million man hours of BF squad leading/commanding experience distilled into 10 sentences.
Our little community is growing by leaps and bounds, I'm very happy to see this. More dead zombies for all!