PENDING 1.7.1 Patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PENDING 1.7.1 Patch

Here is some information on the pending 1.7.1 patch that will be coming but no release date announced.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10353

Saweet! No more attacks through walls and new motion capped animations....sounds like BIS is giving him the run of the house now :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: PENDING 1.7.1 Patch

Two big ones.

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.
      - This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.

Comment

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.

Joy!!!

Edit: Three posts in the same minute about the same thing...lol

Comment

Between the DayZ update:

* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
          * [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
          * [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

.. and the required ArmA2 beta patch... which eliminates the 'gamma trick'...

"s#$t's about to get real"

Comment

Game on.

Comment

Night time play terminated with the latest gamma patch. A big F*&# you to everyone with a 9-5 job or a family/roommates that behave like children.
              Last edited by mat552; 06-12-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Additional:

* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

Oh I need this bad....

Comment

[FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more

No more running for a building and expecting attacks only from outdoors.

Comment

* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)
                    * [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before
                    Zombies are a lot more dangerous after this update. I love it.

Comment

Now you never know where they are looking....muhahaha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                        Between the DayZ update:

.. and the required ArmA2 beta patch... which eliminates the 'gamma trick'...
                        It does? I wonder if I even installed the patch right...

edit: yup, I had totally failed to install the patch properly. Before, nighttime looked almost daylight with HDR set to Very High, and gamma only up 1.5. Now I can barely see where I'm going in an open field with a full moon riding high.
                        Last edited by Belhade; 06-14-2012, 01:50 AM.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.
                          * [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
                          * [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
                          * [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
                          * [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more

Comment

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

I had to go check the patch update thread just to make sure this wasn't just a Ytman joke. :)
                            Last edited by Scattershot; 06-17-2012, 09:45 AM. Reason: Put wrong update in post. Duh!

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Reddit's thread is filled with reports that the new zombie detection is less than stellar, and that they can still attack through walls. There are also a lot more of them than there should be.

Originally posted by rocket
                              The loot and zombie spawn timer isn't working, hence the FPS issues for some people and the billions of zombies. I tried a new mechanism for this update, it works with small numbers of players but stops with large numbers.
                              I've noticed an uptick in the number of bandits now that there's no threat to them on the beaches, getting their rocks off from slaying beached survivors, but if you don't encounter the flash of a winchester as soon as you spawn, people are more willing to work together, owing to a total impossibility of doing anything else. Going prone no longer makes you invisible, it keeps one bar of sight, which is not pleasant with the new detection.

On the up side, revolver and 1911 interoperability opens the door to combining other similar magazines. It's another day in chernarus.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X