Stand alone release?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand alone release?

I'll never play Arma and I'm too lazy and stupid to download the DZ mod so I'm hoping for a stand alone game. Anyone gotten wind of this happening?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Stand alone release?

Not likely. The entire point of DayZ is interaction with other survivors in a zombie infested land.

Not interaction with zombies in a zombie infested land.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Err, Damonte, he was asking about a version of Day Z that does not require ArmA and isn't a mod I think, not a version that is singleplayer.

@Fatkid, It's not likely, but I'm beginning to wonder if it will be full on plug and play DLC for ArmA III, it seems to be able to generate immense popularity from players like you, who have zero intrest in a milsim, but crave a Day Z like experiance.

Comment

I think he meant standalone as in its own game, not an ArmA mod.

In which case, if so it'll be quite a long ways away. This is still an alpha. Even Project Reality is still in beta stage, after...six years?
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

The developer works for Bohemia Interactive and did this on the side as he continues on ARMA development. This will likely be a MOD for ARMA for the forseeable future. I heard wind of it being included on the ARMA III release late in 2012 or early 2013.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Alpha and Beta ceased to be a meaningful development term in game software for the most part in the wake of charging people $10 for Minecraft "beta" in my opinion, little pet peeve of mine.

Comment

I don't think this game will ever be a stand alone game.

Rocket have tested to port DayZ over to an Arma 3 build and he said it worked great and he really wants to use that engine so I feel/hope DayZ will be tested to bits now and when Arma 3 comes out they take the mod and everything they learned and creates one sick mod.

ok, this mod is already among the best I've played, nothing wrong with aiming for the stars right? :)
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I heard an interview with him about one day making it into a minecraft esk type of price structure for a stand alone product much like Take on Helicopters.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Iron Front is also on the arma engine but is a stand alone game, so there is the possibility that it becomes a standalone in the same way.
                  |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X